Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
BMI Charts

louche

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 1:08 pm
Are the BMI charts based on height in shoes, and if so, what height heel do they assume?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 1:12 pm
I don't think?

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 1:21 pm
I doubt it

geemum

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 2:08 pm
They are based on height without shoes. Standing flat, back straight, head looking straight ahead, not up.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 3:37 pm
Louche MUST be teasing us.

louche

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:34 am
No, CM, I'm not. I don't see anywhere on the BMI websites any guidelines as to what they intend. The height-weight chart in my employee health service office specifies indoor clothing and shoes with 1-inch heels. Maybe some people object to removing their shoes, though it does sound silly to say "height in 1-inch heels", as if ppl can't do the math to figure out their actual height! Anyway, they assume women's clothing and shoes will weigh 3 lbs.

freidasima

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 9:39 am
What I don't get on the BMI charts is the difference between metric and non. In metric I am 1.55 m and in inches I am 5'2. I enter the same height and weight in metric and non and I get a different BMI for each!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 4:17 pm
Weird! for me 5'10 and 178 is the same answer...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise