Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Do you sit on the floor and play with your baby?

How much time do you actually spend sitting on the floor playing one on one with your baby?
Almost all the time my baby is awake! Several hours each day.  
 10%  [ 5 ]
A couple hours a day, but I also leave the baby to play alone while to do house chores  
 70%  [ 34 ]
I find it uninteresting, so not very often. Maybe 30 mins a day  
 18%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 48

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:25 pm
How much time do you actually spent sitting on the floor paying with your baby?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:28 pm
OP Here.
The question should read: "How much time do you actually spend sitting on the floor playing with your baby?"

amother

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:30 pm
OP Here.
For those who do spend a lot of time, what kinds of activities do you do with your kids?
For instance, what would you play with a 6-12 month old? What about a 1-2 year old?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:34 pm
Not often. It's not comfortable at all for me. I sit on a couch or we play on my bed or hers.

melbee

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:36 pm
I picked the second option, even though sometimes he'll play on the floor and I'll sit nearby reading or just watching him, but not actively playing. When we play together I usually will build towers with his blocks and he breaks them down, we roll a ball back and forth, or he walks holding my hands. Other times he just likes to crawl all over me and have me tickle him. He's 10 mos btw.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:46 pm
I'm not picking any option. It depends on the day. And the baby. My youngest currently needs PT & I'm supposed to be working with him everyday at home. So I play with him. When my girls are home though, he prefers to play with them.

Rochelly

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 8:07 pm
would love to play most of the time shes awake but I work from home so its very limited during work hours Sad

Mommyof1

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 8:17 pm
My baby is 4 and a half months old. I usually sit with im on the floor or even lie with him under his play mat or on a blanket I like to see what he's looking at and I'll talk to him while doing it. It's a nice bonding experince for the two of us. Sometimes though I want to do other things but I just don't know what else to do...any ideas?

pobody's nerfect

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 8:42 pm
My baby is 4 months and I love playtime with him. Sometimes I go down on the floor with him and show him toys, talk to him, or playfully roll him over repeatedly. It helps a LOT to get him to be OK with tummy time. We also read a lot of books- hard ones, like "What do you see on Shabbos" and the Sandra Boynton ones. People are often amazed at how he focuses on the pages- I think that from constantly reading to him, he does know to pay attention, even if he doesn't understand what he is seeing or hearing. I play games with him like "Head, Shoulders", "Open, Shut Them", and "The Wheels on the Bus". He loves those games and cracks up while we do it. And when I just want a snuggle- I curl him up in my lap and sing!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 9:14 pm
I sit on the couch, the bed, the hallway floor where there is carpet and play with her.We do different things like patchy henty, peekaboo, pop up toys, other fun stuff... I don't sit and play toys with her on the floor as an activity officially. I let her dump and fill as she pleases on her own. As the kid starts getting older I will sit a little and show how to play things.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 9:19 pm
always adored my little ones ... got down & dirty with them ... there is no FUN like today to colour to play with legos, playdoh, mud, in a kiddie pool ... the list goes on ... house chores were part of the playing - fold this, throw that away, put a cup of flour in, mix it ... you get the drift ...

this is how they learn about everyday living ... it was the best time of my life ... they grow all to quickly ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics