Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank u bubby and family

drumjj

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 3:04 pm
I was not sure where to put this but I wanted to just say thank u in public to bubby and her family for hosting me for the past few days. I had a lovely time in ur house and was made to feel very welcome and at home.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 4:17 pm
Ur so sweet!!! We miss you already!

bubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 7:11 am
Such a shame you missed the L'chaim, but at least you missed 12-18" of snow!!!

Looking forward to seeing you again. DD has the you-know-what & B"H she got out on time (at least she wasn't back when I got up this morning!)

drumjj

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 12:51 pm
I know im sorry I missed it too. was the name spelt right this time? im assuming that is what you mean by the u know what

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 1:35 pm
excuse me for butting in on what's clearly become a private conversation, but I think this last exchange between the two of you lovebirds would have been more appropriate as a PM unless the rules of etiquette have changed since my mom taught me never to talk in code in front of other people about things that I didn't want them to know about. bubby whatever your dd was doing, it would have been both wiser and more polite to PM drumjj instead of throwing out coy hints that only serve to make the rest of us feel bad that we're not "in" enough to be let in on the secret. not to mention that it sounds really, really bad to state mysteriously that your dd still wasn't back when you got up this morning, but since you sound more pleased than distressed I have to assume what she was doing was neither illegal nor immoral. but when you hint around and don't give people the facts you leave them free to draw their own conclusions.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 2:27 pm
I think bubby is referring to a airplane flight. ie she didn't come back so she must have made the flight. I don't know what the you know what is though.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 2:30 pm
I thought Bubby meant she has the runs or something and didn't want to share that with all of us. She knows Drum can keep it to herself Very Happy

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 2:31 pm
Raisin wrote:
I think bubby is referring to a airplane flight. ie she didn't come back so she must have made the flight. I don't know what the you know what is though.

neither do I, nor do I care, I don't know either one irl and whether her dd was on a plane to EY for a shidduch or shacking up with her nonjewish bf is none of my beeswax, I just think posting that way was rude which is pretty ironic considering it was posted in the manners and etiquette section.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 3:19 pm
I second zaq's opinion. I don't care personally but she is right. It's inappropriate, borderline rude.

bubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:13 pm
I am SO SORRY you all think drum & I are rude. I was referring to a gift she had purchased for a certain someone (I suppose I should satisfy your curiosity on that point as well.)

You ladies must be very bored if you have to pick on my response to drum for thanking me for hosting her. Or maybe you're jealous you didn't stay here??? Well, there's always next year if you give me notice so Chez Bubby can be open for business.

I have to say, I am pretty disgusted at your overreaction to a little off the cuff remark. Is it me...that is, have you been looking for something to attack me on? If so, just backtrack, I'm sure you can find far more interesting & worthy topics.

bubby

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:14 pm
Tamiri wrote:
I thought Bubby meant she has the runs or something and didn't want to share that with all of us. She knows Drum can keep it to herself Very Happy

And YOU are really disgusting. Pray tell, why do you think I deserve to be described like this? What have I done to YOU?

Raizle

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:18 pm
bubby wrote:
You ladies must be very bored if you have to pick on my response to drum for thanking me for hosting her
I guess we should say b"h that they don't have bigger issues in life to make a fuss over Tongue Out

seriously ladies?? c'mon what was that all about? such a big deal out of nothin!

drumjj

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:21 pm
I have to agree with bubby, I bought my husband a present and her daughter was bringing it back for me so she was letting me know but didnt want to write it in case he somehow found out in case it was a surprise. you ppl are bored and sad that u want to pick on something. and I guess american ppl dont understand the english way of talking bec its a pretty normal way for us to talk here.

Raizle

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:25 pm
LOL and you want to know what I thought? since we are already analyzing this deep and meaningful conversation Tongue Out , I thought the u know what was her period and that's why bubby was glad she wasn't around LOL
but I wasn't annoyed with you both, I was just amused

drumjj

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:27 pm
its so funny what ppl assume.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:31 pm
Sorry Bubby I didn't think it was a big deal either, I was just commenting that that private exchanges are not appropriate for threads. I definitely did not mean it personally and for sure did not take your exchange offensively.

Zus

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 5:41 pm
Locked.
Please do this in PM next time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics