Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My 4 year old makes huge deal about every scratch

ceetee

Post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 4:39 pm
im talking about little things ex. my son taps her she cries she bumped into chair cries
she found a liile scratch on hand from a week a go I teach elementry kids and I have students who do the same its exremely annoying I dont want my daughter to be like that

shevi82

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 5:06 am
She is a girl.
All little girls are like that, but you have to teach her how to react so she dosen't grow up and still overreact.

e1234

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 5:33 am
its totally normal.
Every night before my almost 4 year old goes to sleep I have to kiss all her boo boos including the scratches from weeks ago that you can barely see. she looks for them.

I had this with my other kids - they grow out of it themselves. (and enjoy the extra attention and kiss in the meantime. )

mltjm

Post Sun, Feb 14 2010, 3:47 pm
Most likely she's just melodramatic, like most kids and especially girls at that age.

But maybe she has some sort of sensory issue- ask your pediatrician about it, if you think it's a possibility.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 10:30 am
She's normal. And its not a girl thing, my boys are the same way, they get older, they outgrow it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers