Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Post Pesach adjustment back to school

BrachaC

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 12:25 pm
My 5 and 1/2 yr old daughter has been a wreck since Pesach. She cannot seem to settle back into our old routine, and is angry and almost mean most of the time. We are going nuts trying to get her to calm down and just relax enough so that she can get through the day!! Any ideas?

Mishie

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 5:28 am
Find a quiet time or maybe take her on a date, a "Mother-Daughter bonding date" without any other siblings.
Try talking to her and ask her what's bothering her...
Maybe somebody is picking on her at school..

I'm sure she'll get over it soon!

Don't worry!!!

Good Luck!! 8)

uandme

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 12:04 pm
sometimes I find that kids can become maladjusted due to
a) lack of sleep, or change in sleep pattern

b) lack of BM's, or change in regularity

both of these Pesach may have had a big affect on (late sedarim, not always enough fiber).

any better since you posted?

BrachaC

Post Mon, May 08 2006, 4:55 pm
Thanks for both of your replies. Yes, bH she has improved slightly. We are on a really tight schedule, so all of these kinds of adjustments are hard. Chavi is on the bus at 7:05 to get to school, and gets home at about 4:15. It's a really long day for a kid in kindergarten. I tried to give her some extra attention, but it's tough-she gets home at 4:15 and then goes to sleep at 6:15. There is a lot to pack into those two hours anyway. I think she is doing better at school now, and it will probably take another week for her to really be able to be nice at home again! This was also compounded by going on a shabbaton this shabbos. My kids wouldn't miss it for the world, but it totally throws their schedules...This too shall pass. Thanks for the support.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers