Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
COME TO MY RESCUE: Need Recipe for Deli Roll
Previous  1  2

Merrymom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 1:16 am
I just wanted to add that while a deli roll looks very nice the truth is that when baking it doesn't come out really tasty as it does when you just make it into one big square or a long rectangle. This is because the top will get done but the inside dough will be very doughy and if you bake it too long then your meats will get hard. It would be better if you make a layer of dough, cover that with your meats, season it and then cover with another layer of puff pastry dough, and seal around the edges. This gives you a nice flaky puff pastry throughout and moist and juicy meat inside. I've done it both ways, it really is much better this way.

Aribenj

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:27 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
Raisin wrote:
I made deli roll this shabbos for the second time in my life. Last time I made it I followed a recipe with muustard and where you roll it up like a jelly roll. the dough inside was raw and no one touched it. This time I used no mustard or anyything, just piled the deli meat inside and closed the dough, like a boreka or knish, Everyone loved it and asked for seconds.

Make cuts about 3/4 of the way through, about 1 inch apart down the log. Bake uncovered and make a deli ring so the middle can get cooked too...

That is just beautiful!!

I tried making it last week, but I couldn't get it big enough! I was only able to get like 15 bite sized slices... How do you make yours so big?? Or do you make a few rolls? I had 15 people for shabbos last week and I figured at leasst 3 slices per person (they were bite sized slices), so I had to make 3 rolls and they dissapeared really fast! (good thing dh was out of the house and unable to do a "quality control while I was baking LOL )

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 1:40 am
I use about 1/3 of a roll of puff pastry and roll it out thinner. I then use about 3/4 of a package of salami and 3/4 of a package of turkey roll (I'll let you know exactly how big the package is).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics