Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Gifts for Hosting -- Pre-Pesach

amother

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 8:30 pm
My second son will, b'li ayin hara, be bar mitzvah parsha vayikra, the shabbos before Shabbat HaGadol. A few local families will be hosing my family and guests for Shabbat. I was thinking of giving the hosts something small for use on Pesach as a thank you gift. The question is what. Ideas welcome.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 8:39 pm
buy them some nice hagaddahs. you can never have too many. my mother buys my father a new hagaddah every year, and I love that. it's nice to have such a varied collection.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 1:33 am
I hosted for a Bar Mitzvah once and the host gave me a pretty small glass cutting board. It's sitting on my counter, used daily to cut up fruit & veggie The bar mitzvah boy just turned 17.

jmw

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 7:03 am
I personally would enjoy a Pesach cookbook. Many of the Pesach recipes I use come from the cookbooks I use all year round (from the Pesach section) and I had to copy them in a notebook and put it away.
Another nice gift for Pesach is a set of oven mitts and dish towels that say Pesach (in Hebrew) on them.

mha3484

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 12:36 pm
If they are coffee drinkers starbucks is OUP you can buy a lb and a mug and make a nice gift basket. I have done that before for people who have hosted me for shabbos/yomtov etc.

gumby

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 1:06 pm
How about pillow covers or matzah covers that can be used at the seder
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics