Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Ideas of what main course to make Shabbos lunch

amother

Post Sat, Feb 20 2010, 3:14 pm
My Shabbos lunch main courses never turn out great. Looking for new ideas!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 20 2010, 6:53 pm
are you using a plata? a blech ?

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 3:10 pm
I am the not-so-proud maker of the world's worst cholent. Don't know what my problem is, but it never seems to turn out very well.

So I've started making meatballs and even meatloaf, and I've been surprised by how many guests are delighted with them. Many people have cholent every week at shul, so they aren't exactly craving more at the seuda.

I make meatloaf in the oven before Shabbos; put in in the crock pot on low; and cover it with spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce. Same with meatballs. I usually serve them with white rice. Even if the rice is cold or room temperature, it combines great with the sauce.

Though I've never tried it, I have a friend who occasionally makes a pasta/tomato sauce/ground beef casserole, which she leaves in the crock pot overnight.

racheleezzy

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 3:23 pm
You can make the usual, like deli roll, or honey mustard chicken in puff pastry or pastrami stuffed chicken cutlets, orzo with roast vegetables heats up nicely, deli salad, grilled chicken salad,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen