Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
4 Year old DD ripped her $10.00 tights AGAIN!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 6:30 am
Tights in Baltimore are SO expensive for little girls. My 4 year old DD is tall for her age and wears size 6 tights. We've bought tights from everywhere, Walmart, Children's Place, and even the frum places with outrageious prices. I'm tired of paying a fortune for girls' tights (also for my 2 year old DD) and then they get ripped after a few times of wearing them! Any tips for me? Any good places to buy tights online? Any other places I don't know about? Thanks!

oodlesofnoodles

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 6:44 am
A friend of mine buys tights for her girls from Here for $3 each

Good luck!

oodlesofnoodles

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 6:45 am
Just want to clarify:
That's $3 for (3) pairs of tights- seems like a great price!

WriterMom

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 7:43 am
How about those skin-tight cotton/spandex leggings, plus socks? They're much hardier than tights, and in the winter the extra warmth can be great. (This isn't much help in the summer, I know.) I often do this myself for me, especially if I'm wearing boots that cover up my ankles and a long skirt.

JuliaB

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 8:20 am
You may have better luck with heavy weight cotton tights. They tend to be more expensive, but my DD's have never ripped. I've gotten good deals on these tights at old navy, children's place, target, gap, etc.

http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....09002

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 8:32 am
JuliaB wrote:
You may have better luck with heavy weight cotton tights. They tend to be more expensive, but my DD's have never ripped. I've gotten good deals on these tights at old navy, children's place, target, gap, etc.

http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....09002

yes, I use tights like that (from marks and spencer) and they last from kid to kid. except for very hot weather, they're great, and much more comfy.

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 9:40 am
Wait, you pay 10 dollars at Walmart? I am pretty sure the tights that I buy for my 3.5 year old at Walmart are like 2 dollars and they are heavy winter tights.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 9:53 am
Maybe I'm missing somthing, but why can't you mend it? Is it just a small hole or totally ripped beyond repair?

anuta

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
Tights in Baltimore are SO expensive for little girls. My 4 year old DD is tall for her age and wears size 6 tights. We've bought tights from everywhere, Walmart, Children's Place, and even the frum places with outrageious prices. I'm tired of paying a fortune for girls' tights (also for my 2 year old DD) and then they get ripped after a few times of wearing them! Any tips for me? Any good places to buy tights online? Any other places I don't know about? Thanks!

I bought my daughter tights at LLBean site on sale during the summer; I think I paid about $10 for a 2-pack. They are mostly cotton winter ones. They run generous, they are thick and very good quality. I think I will be able to pass them on. I was also able to pass on some of the Children's Place cotton tights.

I also heard that Lands End ones are great quality, and Hanna Anderson's is legendary good quality. But those I would also watch for sales, and I don't know if you are talking about wintery cotton tights or nylon ones.

I also darn / patch up tights if the hole is small or in the place that is not visible (high on the leg, crotch, or on the foot). I can do it so that the place where the hole was is almost invisible.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 10:22 am
at old navy the tights are $5 for the heavy winter & less (I think) for the microfiber. If you have a target or kohls, their tights aren't expensive either. I also have some gymboree patterned tights. I haven't bought tights for my younger daughter at all. All of her tights are hand me downs. My 7 year old has tights from all of the above places as well.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 11:31 am
We wore Lands End everyday and onehanesplace for Shabbos. But yeah, the cost adds up. The cost of MY tights adds up too.

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 11:39 am
oodlesofnoodles wrote:
A friend of mine buys tights for her girls from Here for $3 each

Good luck!

That looks like a great site! Thanks for sharing.

happyone

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 12:20 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
We wore Lands End everyday and onehanesplace for Shabbos. But yeah, the cost adds up. The cost of MY tights adds up too.

Forget the kids, my pantyhose is literally disposable. No matter which company I buy, and they are not cheap either.

mommyof2bah

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 1:00 pm
Double header and Legacy in Brooklyn have websites and you can get kids tights there for $2. Sometimes they even offer free shipping. If they dont have what you need online call them and they can add it. I buy my girls tights from there and they are great! with lots of different colors, greys, navy. black, burgundy etc.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 1:02 pm
May I please have the website address? Thanks!

malkie

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 4:14 pm
Legacy's website is www.leggacy.com. They offer free US shipping.

abismommy

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 4:23 pm
Double Header's is www.doubleheaderusa.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers