Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
LAUNDRY HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:05 am
Yikes somebody help please!!! I live in Israel and switched a load from my washer to dryer last night. This morning when I took the clothes out of the dryer to fold them, they looked horribly gray-tinted and faded!! Bright pink is veeeeeeeeeeeeeery dull, white is.....gray!!! There are also some dark gray spots in random places. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have accidentally put too much fabric softener...

Has anyone ever experienced this?? Is there any way to fix the problem with the currently washed and dried clothes and get the brightness back?? Oh I sure hope so...a lot of the clothes were new... Sad

PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS SO MUCH!

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:07 am
Could there have been Bleach in the machine from a previous load?

Mishie

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:08 am
Which fabric softner did you use? and how much of it did you use?

I have a feeling it wasn't the fabric softener, maybe the detergent... (was it for Kvisah Levana, by any chance??)

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:10 am
Could you have accidentally put/left a dark (blue or black) item with the others?

fiddle

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:15 am
sometimes clothing fades when its supposed to be for a cold water wash and you mistakenly put it on a very hot wash... possible? 90 degrees instead of 30?

sa613

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:16 am
I've had this before using a gas dryer. There was apaprently some dirt in the gas balloon that worked its way into the dryer. It took us quite a while to realize that this was the cause and we had many loads of gray laundry. We switched balloons and my husband dismantled the dryer it and gave it a thorough cleaning. The gray ultimately washed itself out.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:18 am
Wow, that was quick, everyone...thanks so much!!

Ok, so no, there was no bleach leftover from any previous load...the load before was colors.

The detergent that I used was Persil Color (for color loads). I used a little less than half a cup for a half-full Israeli sized load.

Shalhevet wrote

Quote:

Could you have accidentally put/left a dark (blue or black) item with the others?

It was a mixed load, with mainly light and bright pinks, one or two black things, a couple of old white undershirts that I didn't really care about too much in terms of getting discolored, and a couple of other bright colored items.

So gang, what's the verdict? What did I do wrong and what do I do to fix it? (Pleeeease somebody tell me that I CAN fix it...)

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:20 am
Oh, and one more thing: The brand of fabric softener that I used was the Yesh brand. In terms of the gray spots, that has happened to me before as a result of too much fabric softener, or so says the washer fix it guy...that's why I think that the problems may be related.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:43 am
The wash was with 30 degree temp water and we don't have a gas dryer. I also had added some Oxygen color safe bleach to the load...which I always use and never have a problem with.

I now have the clothes soaking in vinegar and water...but it doesn't look like its helping Crying

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 7:46 am
(1) I have had fabric softener stain clothes
(2) I have had Oxygen "color safe" spray bleach my clothes.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 8:15 am
I think it's the black things - even though at 30 degrees it's usually okay to mix.

When my first son was born, someone put in a hot wash all his gorgeous new overalls, a day or two after the bris, and quite a few were white. Somehow one of my older girls had put a dark shirt in the washing machine, and they all turned grey Sad.

I've managed to do something along those lines a few times - some dark towels and sheets continue to leach colours for a long time. I never put Oxygen in except if I have emergency staining, so I don't know if that would aggravate it.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 8:30 am
Quote:
When my first son was born, someone put in a hot wash all his gorgeous new overalls, a day or two after the bris, and quite a few were white. Somehow one of my older girls had put a dark shirt in the washing machine, and they all turned grey Sad.

Did you find a way to get them to be bright again?

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 8:33 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Quote:

Did you find a way to get them to be bright again?

Sad

(Not that he'd fit into them any more LOL )

WeAreOne

Post Sun, Mar 14 2010, 10:07 am
The problem is that the heat of the dryer probably set the colors now and there's nothing that can be done anymore. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry