Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Putting Toddler to sleep Pesach night

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 5:43 am
So we do one seder by my parents and then we all go one seder to other family.... the night we go away I cant put my 18 month old to sleep in their house bc A. she will never fall asleep and B. I dont want to keep her up... should I nap her late let her stay up and then leave in the middle of the seder? This seems like my only choice, bc I dont want her staying up until 1 in the morning, I dont even want her up past lets say 9 at night... any thoughts, ideas?

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 5:46 am
I don't understand why you can't put her to sleep at the other house. I had a party animal who wouldn't sleep when there were other people around...except he did conk out seder night because it was just too late. I put him down in the stroller and that was the end of it.

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 5:55 am
she wont sleep in her stroller, we have gone through this before and it never works, what I tried previously was put her in her stroller take her outside and walk with her but she never falls asleep...

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 7:18 am
can you take a porta crib to the other house before yom tov?

racheleezzy

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 7:27 am
I was thinking about that, my aunt said she has an extra one we could use but you think transferrin her will be a problem when we have to go home?

exhausted

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 5:52 am
She might wake up, but if she stays up until she's so tired, and then falls asleep, she should fall back asleep when you transfer her. Good luck!

racheleezzy

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 6:08 am
Thanx I think im gonna go the pack and play route and than transfer her, so hopefully it will work out

torahtots

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 3:59 pm
Sounds like the best idea to me. I have even done that when Shabbat ends late and we are staying somewhere for Shabbat. I put him to bed, then after Havdallah move him to the car and drive home. Might give you a problem going back to bed when you get home but hopefully not for too long.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics