Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Picky One Year Old

Newly Wed

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 3:19 pm
What do I feed my baby who is milk intolerant? He gives me a hard time with EVERYTHING! Only thing he likes is yogurt which he can't stomach.... HELP! I think I have had it!

chilled

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 3:57 pm
what do you mean by intolerant? are there any dairy products he can have? Like hard cheese? can you give you soy? please give more information so we can help you out.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 6:29 pm
I feel your pain. My 2 year old is also severely lactose intolerant. I have it hard because my 3 year old loves dairy and I have to juggle giving him and not letting the younger one see. Due to pickiness amongst the 4 of us here, I often make 3 suppers for one nite to accomodate everyone.
There is soy yougurt, I think called Silk that was ok. There is also soy cheese, but ds didnt like that too much. He basically eats alot of fleishigs. BH he likes chicken, chop meat and also pareve stuff like macaroni and peanut butter. In general, he has oatmeal and applesauce for breakfast, but if he throws a fuss for cheerios, I give him with rice dream and he doesnt know the difference at this point.

hatzlacha!

Newly Wed

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 8:51 pm
His intolerance plays itself out with severe congestion. He loves yogurt and american cheese but I have to keep him off both until he clears up entirely.
Where would I find these soy products? I bought Tofutti american cheese and the smell disgusts me so that I've given it to him once. Are all soy products like this? Please help me out as he is driving me bananas (another thing he doesn't like...)

newlymarried

Post Mon, Mar 08 2010, 8:56 pm
Yes, I agree about the soy yoghurt/pudding. My daughter loves it, and she is not even lactose intolerant.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:33 pm
I have a daughter that has been diagnosed as lactose intolerant so I know that young children cannot get an official diagnosis, they can't handle the testing nor is it accurate at that age. Every little child I know has constant congestion during the cold months, that's because they haven't developed immunity to all the cold viruses out there, it doesn't make them lactose intolerant.

Newly Wed

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 12:17 am
You are right about that partially. My baby is definitely less congested now than he was

Newly Wed

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 12:22 am
You are right about that partially. My baby is definitely less congested now than he was

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 9:20 pm
my 18 mnth old is allergic to dairy and is also quite picky.. (by the way I dont get the difference between allergy/sensitivity/intolerance. my son's reactions to dairy were eczema, and enlarged adenoids with severe congestion. does that make him allergic, sensitive, or intolerant?) anyhow back to my son being picky, these are some of the foods he enjoys: potato kugel (sometimes dipped into ketchup), broccoli kugel, pretty much any other kugel, slice of bread generously covered with marinara sauce and baked in the toaster like grilled cheese, soup with matza balls, rice with ketchup, orzo, potato knish, cereal and rice dream, cholent, and sometimes he wil agree to eat pasta.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 9:23 pm
my 18 mnth old is allergic to dairy and is also quite picky.. (by the way I dont get the difference between allergy/sensitivity/intolerance. my son's reactions to dairy were eczema, and enlarged adenoids with severe congestion. does that make him allergic, sensitive, or intolerant?) anyhow back to my son being picky, these are some of the foods he enjoys: potato kugel (sometimes dipped into ketchup), broccoli kugel, pretty much any other kugel, slice of bread generously covered with marinara sauce and baked in the toaster like grilled cheese, soup with matza balls, rice with ketchup, orzo, potato knish, cereal and rice dream, cholent. I hope some of these ideas are helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics