Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Bed Wetting

jzmom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 9:10 am
My almost 6 year old son still has nightime accidents. Any advice?

Thank you.

6coop

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 9:57 am
This problem is a lot more common with boys than girls. Two of my boys had this problem which resolved itself by the time they turned seven. Until then, DH and I just made sure that they didn't drink a lot after dinner and then would take them to the bathroom before we went to sleep at around 11:00-12:00. My sister, who had this same problem with one of her boys, bought a bed-wetting alarm that she said worked great. As soon, as he would start to have an accident, the alarm went off, woke up her son so that he could go to the bathroom and finish and then he changed himself. After a few night of this, he stopped having accidents. My pediatrician also recommended the book Waking Up Dry that was published by the American Academy of Pediatrics. It's a fun book with programs to stop bed-wetting.

jzmom

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 10:39 am
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers