Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
2 questions

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 4:57 pm
if I were to make aliyah alone does that mean all my future children will b israeli? can dh alone make aliyah with all the benefits if I dont?

if my children are born israeli's that means they will b going to the army?

Isramom8

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 5:02 pm
I can't answer the first question.

The answer to the second question is yes, unless you renounce their Israeli citzenship, or they get out of or deferred from doing army either by being religious girls or fulltime male yeshiva students. Girls need a lawyer (Bais Yaakov high schools have one come in to process everyone) and boys have to go down to the army office and get a deferral personally.

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 1:34 am
AFAIK girls just need to take a letter to their local rabbanut, get it signed, and send it to the draft office.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 7:37 am
Maybe Marion. I guess my girls just have it easy that a lawyer goes to the BY to process everyone.

tizunabi

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 10:56 am
Quote:
Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009, 11:57 pm Post subject: 2 questions
if I were to make aliyah alone does that mean all my future children will b israeli? can dh alone make aliyah with all the benefits if I dont?

To the best of my knowledge yes. Unless of course you renounce your israeli citizenship, or you do not remain enough time in the country after making aliyah to retain your citizenship. (If you make aliyah and move back to chul within 2/3 years.. I dont remember exactly how many).

That being said, if you make aliya and then after 5 years move back to chutz la'aretz your children will automatically be israeli, however you CAN renounce their citizenship. On the other hand, if they are israeli and later in their lives having not lived in israel, they want to make aliyah, they can and they will receive most of the oleh rights that a regular oleh will get.

DH can make aliya alone and get rights. I just don't see what that gains. As a family making aliya you receive more money from misrad haKlita and if DH makes aliya that makes the children that will you have with him in the future israeli as well. (you only need one israeli parent to be considered israeli).

Hope that helped

amother

Post Wed, Nov 25 2009, 8:46 pm
does israel have an equivalent of american green card? like, you can live in israel without restriction but don't have to be a citizen?

Isramom8

Post Thu, Nov 26 2009, 12:42 am
amother wrote:
does israel have an equivalent of american green card? like, you can live in israel without restriction but don't have to be a citizen?

You can be a Student or Family Of A Student, if your dh is an avreich in kollel.

November

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 11:34 pm
I made aliyah as a single person, then moved back to America and got married. Now (after 12 years) we are considering aliyah, and yes, my American born children are considered Israeli.
I hope that helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions