Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
When did they begin to interact?

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 1:25 pm
My twins are five months and I have been giving them a lot of floor "playtime" recently and I noticed that they are kind of starting to interact with each other, making noises and reaching for each other.

When did your twins begin to interact?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 2:54 pm
Awww.....that must be so cute !

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 3:24 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Awww.....that must be so cute !

Thanks, they were actually holding hands...awww

saw50st8

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 3:34 pm
Do they sleep in the same crib?

I hear the relationship of twins is amazing.

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 5:38 pm
Nope...and up until this point they kind of hung out in different "devices" like in different swings, bouncy seats, baby carriers, etc.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 5:40 pm
picture ?

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 5:44 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
picture ?

wait, I thought you didnt like little kids? Wink

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 5:48 pm
Sometimes........... but I'm sure YOURS are fabulous !!!!!

specially when they're holding hands, cooing sweetly !!!!!

Kumphort

Post Fri, Mar 19 2010, 6:10 pm
Mine are about 10 months now, and they just started crawling, one will go to cause trouble, and her sister will come join....so cute

they also get so excited to see each other when one wakes up before the other

enjoy it just gets cuter

tovarena

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 10:36 am
Sounds just about what we experienced. From going back and looking at pictures (my artificial memory from that time since sleep deprivation was still a massive issue), at around 4 months, our kids would often either hold hands while asleep or curl up around each other while sleeping. But while awake and playing - somewhere around 5 months. And they started cracking each other up about 6 months.
They're 2.5 now and very attached.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 10:57 am
I agree, we need a pic in order to understand the situation better, maybe even a video.
Wink Very Happy

thatslife

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 12:51 pm
my twins slept together for the first 8 months. and looking back as early as six weeks they were holding hands. they really interacted with each other and played with each at around 5 months. now they are two and as close as anything. I cant say they make things easy but its a blast around here.

Basimcha

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 1:25 pm
thatslife wrote:
my twins slept together for the first 8 months. and looking back as early as six weeks they were holding hands. they really interacted with each other and played with each at around 5 months. now they are two and as close as anything. I cant say they make things easy but its a blast around here.

Together u mean in one crib? Didnt they wake up one another? My twins are 10 months KH...they slept together for the first 4-5 months in one crib...by the 5 months, I put them in 2 different rooms. I hope I am not making a mistake...should I put them in one room?

tovarena

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 1:44 pm
Basimcha wrote:
thatslife wrote:

Together u mean in one crib? Didnt they wake up one another? My twins are 10 months KH...they slept together for the first 4-5 months in one crib...by the 5 months, I put them in 2 different rooms. I hope I am not making a mistake...should I put them in one room?

I think you have to trust your own gut on that since no two (four? Tongue Out ) kids are the same. Ours slept in the same crib until about 6 months when DDs movements utterly annoyed DS and woke him up. But they're still in the same room (at 2.5) and LOVE it. And besides, it's SO cute to hear DD babble to DS when she wakes up first (he almost always wakes up cranky, so if he's up first, it's just crying).

Right now, they really only sleep in that room (everything else is done downstairs), but I do worry a bit about breaking it to them when they're older that they're going to have to split up. But we figure we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Mar 23 2010, 7:05 pm
my twins are almst 6 months old. They slept in the same crib till they were 6 weeks old, and one would get congested from the other. I finally had to put them in separate cribs. They sleep in the same room, though.

I started putting them on the floor alot facing each other, its amazing to watch them. They laugh at each other

5770Mom

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 1:52 pm
Hello

My twins are now five months old, too, but they do not interact a lot. They sometimes look at each other and smile or make noises, but that is pretty much it yet. Sometimes one takes a toy out of the hand of the other....the result is loud protest. But I was amazed that all the months before they just didn't seem to notice each other or didn't seem to be interested in each other. They just were and that was fine for them.

I am really interested in how it will develop from now on.

Kind regards,

Noa
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more