Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Am I hurting her self esteem?

punchike

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 12:34 pm
my daughter is 19 months, shes in a plagroup with kids 2 1/2 yrs old. Could it be hurting her self esteem by putting her with kids that much older than her. Like they can do stuff that she cant I.e. puzzles, more structured play etc They take her toys sometimes etc.. they are bigger and more advaned than she is. Can you advise me???

Its a good playgroup overall, the teachers a great, but is it a good idea?

cubbie

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 1:19 pm
I've had my dd's both as the oldest and youngest, I don't feel it makes any difference at that age, they all develop at their pace. What is important at a young age is them feeling that they are in a safe and secure environment, so if you feel that that is what you have stick with it.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 1:19 pm
I wouldn't worry about hurting her self esteem. I would worry more if the age difference is appropriate for her. At this age every month makes a difference. What does the teacher say? How does she act there with kids much older then her?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics