Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to buy an 8 year old for afikomen - up to $40

Tech_mom

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 4:34 pm
Recommendations please!

I feel such pressure. My in-laws gave me $$ and want this taken care of.

My 6 year old wants a kids digital camera -anyone have one and want to weigh in on the worthiness of this? I see varying reviews on the Kidizoom by Vtech and kid tough by fisher price.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 5:02 pm
Wal-mart and Target have digital cameras around 30-40 $$

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 5:06 pm
One of my relatives once bought my kids a child's digital camera. I think it was a waste of money. In our case, we have one by Crayola and it broke within a couple days. Even if it had not broken, I still thought it wasn't anything special. The picture quality was terrible and it was near impossible to take a decent photo due to the lack of basic features like flash and zoom (there was zoom, but it didn't work well). Regular (adult) digital cameras have come down quite a lot in price and usually have many more features. If you keep your eyes open, you could probably find one for under $40 on sale. I'd rather try to teach my children to responsibly use a real camera, and risk having it broken, than get a piece of rubbish that will entertain for a week or two, then be forgotten.

If you don't like the camera idea, maybe they'd like a set of Clics. I got my kids some for Pesach and they have had a lot of fun with them so far. Maybe something like that would be fun. I think they have sets that are under $40.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 5:18 pm
http://www.target.com/Vivitar-.....;qid=

crbc

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 7:57 pm
buy.com

pina colada

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 8:30 pm
If your son has a nintendo ds you can get him a disc, my kids just got a new disc for theirs and they love it

dd got roller blades, they were more than $40 but I'm sure you can get roller blades for less

marina

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 9:47 pm
we got the kids a puppy. DON'T DO THAT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics