Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler Pulling Off Crib Sheet

amother

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 8:54 am
My toddler now has the hardest time taking a nap. He pulls off his crib sheet, then gets upset that the sheet is off, and refuses to go to sleep.

Any suggestions? We've tried using logical consequences (you pull it off, you come right out of the crib - which he doesn't like, because he likes playing with his animals in there), tried ignoring (he just doesn't sleep!), tried using boring sheets. Anyone had this issue and solved it? Is there anything we can use to anchor the sheet?

GetReal

Post Fri, Mar 12 2010, 9:00 am
Safety pin the bottom of the the sheets to the mattress? We used to do this in camp to keep the sheet from falling off the terrible mattresses but I don't know if it will work on the regular mattresses.

I am sure a store like babies r us sells some kind of product to keep sheets on.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 12:46 pm
Don't know where you live, but the local linen stores here in Boro Park carry sheet straps/holders for a few dollars. Google it. It'll explain what it is.

mamommommy

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 12:49 pm
A logical consequence would be that if he pulls off his sheet, he has to sleep without his sheet!

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 12:58 pm
Had the same problem with my toddler.
I bought those crib clips, they look like those elastic clips that kids use to attach their mittens to their coat sleeve. Worked like a charm.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 04 2010, 1:02 pm
They sell crib sheets that are like duvets for the mattress. The sheet goes all around the mattress, and zips closed.

Mrs. Crocs

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 2:13 pm
The clip sheets worked perfectly for me, too. Now my child doesn't even bother pulling the sheet so I don't use the clips anymore. It was just a short phase.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics