Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Suggestions for a 3 year old boy

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 7:39 pm
My youngest had become interested in going potty standing up... but with no man in the house...what to do???

shopaholic

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 7:45 pm
No older boys in the family? Just verbally tell him what to do.. Put a bulls eye of some sort for him to aim at in the bowl. Something that is flushable, unless you want to fish it out. They sell target boards for potty training. Not sure where I saw it though. Try "onestepahead.com" or "therightstart.com"

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 7:50 pm
really? I willt ry that... He does have an older brother, but his brother is only 6 and very shy.

stem

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 7:52 pm
You can show him what to do! You don't need a male to demonstrate it on his own body to teach him... I don't think that's necessary or tzniusdik.

hisorerus

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 8:48 pm
http://www.rightstart.com/glob......html LOL

realeez

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 9:05 pm
One of the female assistants at the babysitter that my ds went to taught him how to go standing.

Try cheerios for bulls eye - I've heard that works.

Milk Munch

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 11:24 pm
Just hold him and tell him to aim for the water.

supermom

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 4:19 am
Milk Munch I like that idea this way there will be less cleanup afterwards.

Milk Munch

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 10:27 am
You know what?
If he does dribble on the toilet, I used to take a tissue and wipe it up. Now, he insists on doing it himself!

chen

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 11:21 am
MM--he DOES?? Wow! How did you get him to do that? DH has a couple of friends who could use that training. (and they were not brought up by single moms, either!)

realeez

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 11:27 am
lol chen!
so true!

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 2:44 pm
one day my brother came home from pre-school and went to the bathroom standing up, My mother was shocked! she asked him who had taught him to do it that way? He answered, "My Mowah"

My mother spent the rest of the year wondering which morah it was! (they were both very chassidish[covered shaitels and seamed stockings], and she could not imagine how they did it!)

Also, for target practice, you could use a rubber ducky! A bunch of yeshiva guys had this in thier dira!

I was the one who showed my son how to pee standing up in the bushes (we could not find a bathroom!) I just told him to spread his legs, point and shoot! He has been very good at it for the last 2 years, he was 3 when he started!

Motek

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 8:08 am
Mommy3.5 wrote:
My mother spent the rest of the year wondering which morah it was! (they were both very chassidish[covered shaitels and seamed stockings], and she could not imagine how they did it!)

I seem to be missing something here. I don't get it. What's to wonder? What's to imagine? What's the big deal? Scratching Head

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 9:25 pm
they were both extremely fine women, my mother could not imagine either one of them teaching this trick to a little boy.

Motek

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 2:32 pm
I guess I'm an alien from outer space. I don't understand what makes it a "trick" and why it's surprising that extremely fine, very chasidishe women taught him this. Isn't this a normal thing for boys to be told to do?
And doesn't my reaction explain the "mystery" about the moros - there is nothing to wonder about since this is normal!

granolamom

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 8:40 pm
motek, I'm with you
I don't see the big deal
seems to me that the boys know instinctively what to do. at least mine do.

amother

Post Fri, May 19 2006, 11:10 am
my baby is one & I'm starting to get nervous. of course, he's not starting to train yet but I was wondering, do u first teach him to go standing or sitting?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers