Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Photobook

imab

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 1:34 pm
Hi,
I was thinking about ordering a photobook instead of printing out all my pictures and putting them in an album. Has anyone done this? Is it cheaper/more expensive than the old fashioned way. I was thinking of shutterfly but does anyone know of a better site?
Thanks

newToNeighborhood

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 2:02 pm
I made a photobook as our wedding album on Shutterfly. It was a lot of fun and there were so many options, but it's still cheaper to print out the photos and put them in an album yourself. I was also looking into this option recently for pictures of my son, but concluded that I'd just print out the photos and put them in an album myself to save some $. The photobooks do come out really really nice, so maybe I'll do that in the future.

newToNeighborhood

Post Thu, Apr 08 2010, 2:04 pm
I just want to add that I also looked at other sites for prices on photobooks (Snapfish, CVS, Walgreens, Kodak, etc...) but the prices are very similar to each other.

tovarena

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 8:38 am
Prices ARE similar, but there are a couple that are notably less, like ArtsCow. Also, it's somewhat about what sort of flexibility you want in layouts. My personal favorite is Picaboo, which is actually a bit more expensive than others, but also much more flexible in layouts, and backgrounds, etc.

Also, I should just point out that some services seem to print truer to color than others. It's not necessarily that important for most pictures. But if you have any shots with large amounts of a single color (like a backdrop) it could be.
So far, my favorite for true-to-color is shutterfly. I had some pictures with a background that was a very specific color of green. Snapfish and Winkflash both did a very poor job of duplicating that color. But the same image, printed by shutterfly came out the closest.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Apr 09 2010, 8:58 am
I used Shutterfly the one time I did it, but I got it for free. I had it sent to hubby's paternal grandparents and it was a HUGE hit... I did it when Nati was still a baby so it's been a while and I've never actually seen it but I know they love it.

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 10:33 am
shutterfly has tons of options. it was a lot of fun to make. snapfish was more straightforward if all you want is just to get to the finished product. they both came out really nice

Pooh

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 11:03 am
try mypublisher, first time users get a second copy free-- it was good for me when I made my baby's brit's album so I could give inlaws

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 11:12 am
artscow.com
I've never spent more then $10 on a photo book- they send you credits and discounts all the time.

mommy#1

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 11:27 am
I did it twice on shutterfly. if you sign up for their emails, about twice a year they give free photobooks. (you end up paying for shipping and taxes, which is about $9-10.) I waited both times for them to send me an email about free photobooks, then I did it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains