Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Thank You Gift for Mother

amother

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 8:10 pm
My mother has been incredible recently. She lives near us, and she doesn't work during the day. I work from home, and I usually have my toddler underfoot. She literally took over my "mothering" duties for several days when I thought I was in labor. I know she's been baking for a possible shalom zachor already. She's been taking care of many of my errands recently, and sending over food, and doing all sorts of things because I'm huge and exhausted and she just wants to help. I feel sort of spoiled, especially since I normally pride myself on being as independent as possible, but right now all of her help has really helped me be a good mommy, able to keep up with my work, and without letting my home fall apart.

She's the type to just do things without respecting much appreciation for it, and it can look like I'm taking these things for granted. I'm really not, though! I really want her to know how much I appreciate how much she's been helping out. Our budget is tight, and I don't want it to be something that will take a lot of time because then it won't happen (as I'm due soon, and I know from last time how overwhelmed I was right afterwards). I was thinking about just writing her a thank you note, and that might be what I'll end up doing. But does anyone have any better ideas I can use?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 8:12 pm
Definately write up a thank you note.
Or put together a poem, type it up in nice font, and frame it. I've done that, and it's always so appreciated.

bobeli

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 9:37 pm
go to one of the picture sites and make her something with a pic of the family or your kid or something.
in artscow they have things for free and you only pay shipping.
I made my mom who is in to pictures a camera case with a picture of her grandchildren, it was an appreciation gift for helping me after giving birth, she loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics