Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Start 'em young

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 8:13 pm
With all these threads where the dh doesn't clean up after themselves or doesn't help or etc.. I was very careful with my 10 yr old ds tonight. He was extremely helpful, as usual, in helping me with anything I needed. He even asked what he can do and I told him that he can help me fold the laundry. Now is the point of the thread...after we finished, I noticed his pair of dirty socks that he wore today on the floor in the hallway. I told him, while it's wonderful and I appreciate very much that he helps me, it's also just as important that he has to pick up after himself LOL .

enneamom

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 8:58 pm
Good for you!

How did he react?

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 10:01 pm
I work on it all the time. I drill it into them all day. They still don't get it. I told ds to get a vitamin for himself while I was outside. I came in to find the bottle on the counter and the cover near it with the cabinet door open. He has a shabbos job to set the table every friday. I am waiting for a thank you from his future wife in about 13 years iyh.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:28 am
flowerpower wrote:
I work on it all the time. I drill it into them all day. They still don't get it. I told ds to get a vitamin for himself while I was outside. I came in to find the bottle on the counter and the cover near it with the cabinet door open. He has a shabbos job to set the table every friday. I am waiting for a thank you from his future wife in about 13 years iyh.

I think it's a complete masculine thing not to close cabinets. My father didn't and I could't stand it and so does my dh, but b"h not as badly as my father. After he leaves the kitchen, you hear from me, BANG, BANG, BANG!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics