Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Turkey Roast

blueyes

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 1:20 pm
Does anyone have a good turkey roast recipe? Im thinking of making one for one of the shavuos meals. Thanks

pinktichel

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 1:42 pm
Pm Cookielady. She makes a phenomenal one!

madys

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 9:28 am
mix together 1/2 cup apricot preserves (or sweet and sour sauce) with 1/2 cup Italian dressing and 1/2 a pack of onion soup mix - allow to marrinate, then bake covered, basting a couple of times during cooking.

Last edited by madys on Thu, Jun 05 2008, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

tovasmom

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 9:54 am
There is a really nice maple glazed turkey roast recipe in the first KBD cookbook which my eaters really like Very Happy

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 9:58 am
I've been making turkey roast a lot lately.

Last week I made it with sherry, fresh chives,basil, and rosemary; onions, salt, and garlic.

Another time I made it with beer and bbq sauce.

anon

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 10:17 am
Thats so funny, I specifically came on to imamother just now to ask about a turkey roast recipe. There don't seem to be too many around.

For those who are sharing recipes: Can you please give exact measurements and cooking directions? TIA!

Oh, and to the OP: I've made turkey roast before with stuffing and cranberry sauce. It's really good.
I baked it according to the directions in the kosher pallette (Stuffed turkey breast, page 75), but I made my own stuffing. The trick is not to let it dry out...the best way is to use a meat thermometer. Take it out of the oven a little before it reaches the perfect temperature, because it still cooks a little after you take it out of the oven (cuz it's hot) and also you'll be reheating it before you serve it.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:47 am
blueyes wrote:
Does anyone have a good turkey roast recipe? Im thinking of making one for one of the shavuos meals. Thanks

Does turkey roast mean the tied boneless breast? I just made one the other night with duck sauce. It was easy and tasty.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 11:51 am
Yes, I've had dark meat turkey roast as well.

AGINY

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 12:40 pm
I lay the roast on a thick layer of sliced onions. Then I sprinkle with garlic and take two fresh oranges and juice them onto the roast. Scoop out the pulp etc and put it ontop as well. I bake it according to the directions in the kosher pallette, don't remember exactly but first on 400 then 350. It comes out butter soft, has no additives or garbage, and my kids can't get enough of it.

blueyes

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 2:35 pm
thanks for all the differnt recipes!! now I need to decide which one to use Smile

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 5:43 pm
madys wrote:
mix together 1/2 cup apricot preserves (or sweet and sour sauce) with 1/2 cup Italian dressing and 1/2 a pack of onion soup mix - allow to marrinate, then bake covered, basting a couple of times during cooking.

I'm hunting for turkey roast recipes; this looks great too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey