Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
ISO salmon that can be served cold or rewarmed

gdgirl

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:01 am
I have difficulty warming things up for the dairy meal, so I try to keep things pareve.
I need a good salmon to serve cold, prepared before yomtov, or asalmon I can rewarm and it will still taste good.
also, any ideas of pareve sides to serve with it or dairy dishes that cna be served cold, would be appreciated..
tia

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:09 am
Teriyaki salmon can be eaten warm or cold. Smear with teriyaki or soy sace and sprinkle sesame seeds.

RNworkingmom

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 5:18 pm
Make a milcheg lukshen kugel. Sweet and sour salmon or pickled salmon is meant to be served cold. Look in the Spice and Spirit cookbook there are recipes for all three of these things.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 5:28 pm
some ideas:
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....almon

stargazer

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 6:30 pm
There's a great recipe in Kosher By Design Entertains for Salmon Primavera. You spread dijon mustard and layer slices of zucchini, squash and tomato on top, and sprinkle breadcrumbs. It looks really nice and is delicious at room temperature.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 6:12 am
Plain poached or baked salmon with fresh herbs (dill goes very nicely with salmon, ditto for grated lemon zest, freshly ground peppers). I usually accompanying sauce out of mayo, soya yogurt, chopped fresh dills grainy mustard and lemon juice).

Side dish--you can make potato salad, or roasted or boiled baby potatoes. You can use different kinds of seasoning, anything from BBQ to herbs to plain salt & fresh ground pepper.

If you want something a bit more substantial you can make salad nicoise--boiled baby potatoes in vinaigrette, with finely chopped red onions, black olives, boiled green beans and boiled eggs. Anchovies/tuna from tins optional (you can probably skip them considering you're serving salmon).

Roasted vegetables (courgetes, red/yellow peppers, fennels, aubergines), cucumber salad or simple tomato salad or israeli salad would be nice too.

smileyface

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 6:35 am
you can make pickeled salmon, it can be served cold and is deliciuos, and can be kept in the fridge for quite a while. Let me know if you want the recipie.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics