Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning up spilled honey

mrsERK

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 12:59 pm
Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning up honey? A container leaked in my cabinet and I cant seem to get it up.
Thanks!

granolamom

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 1:06 pm
hot water should clean it up pretty easily

mrsERK

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 1:20 pm
Thanks! So I read that online too... how do I get hot water in my cabinet without making a huge mess? Or would it work if I put hot water on a cloth?

louche

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 1:27 pm
If you have a big blob of honey, first scrape off as much as you can with a credit card, putty knife or thin spatula. Then wring a cloth out in hot water till just damp and wipe away till the surface is no longer sticky.

Wait a minute: is the problem that the container is stuck to the shelf? Try aiming a blowdryer set on high at the base of the container. That should soften the honey enough to let you pull away the container without ripping off the paint. The proceed as above.

granolamom

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 3:43 pm
I put some hot water in a glass measuring cup and pour a bit on the honey and then wipe it up with a rag. sometimes I rub it around with my finger if I think it needs that but usually its an easy cleanup.

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 3:47 pm
If all else fails, try a bear Confused LOL .

Meema2Kids

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 4:02 pm
I use wet paper towels to clean up honey.

mrsERK

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 4:32 pm
Thanks everyone! After shabbos I'm going to try some of your tricks!!

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 7:22 am
louche wrote:
If you have a big blob of honey, first scrape off as much as you can with a credit card, putty knife or thin spatula. Then wring a cloth out in hot water till just damp and wipe away till the surface is no longer sticky.

Do yourself a favor and PLEASE use an expired credit card and NOT your cuurent one!! Wink

life'sgreat

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:23 am
/remembers a HUGE bottle of honey spilling all over her hair on the first day of a two day Yom Tov/

louche

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:29 am
life'sgreat wrote:
/remembers a HUGE bottle of honey spilling all over her hair on the first day of a two day Yom Tov/

You must explain this one. Please tell me you were 6 years old and had a mischievous older sibling.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 10:42 am
louche wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

You must explain this one. Please tell me you were 6 years old and had a mischievous older sibling.

Lolol! I think I was 5 years old and my mom told me to take the bottle back to the kitchen (why was it on the dining room table anyway???). I picked it up and held it upside down, showing them that the honey was swirling towards the cover. My mom barely had a chance to warn me to stop doing that as it can spill and the cover opened and I'd say approximately 30 ounces or more, of honey oozed all over me. It wasn't fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry