Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Buy in NYC or Toronto?

mamamea

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 9:22 am
Okay, so I now live in NYC and am starting to think about getting a new sheitl. The thing is that we are probably moving back to Toronto in the pretty near future. Why is that a problem? Because I am worried about having a problem with the sheitl and not being able to bring it in the be fixed (esp. if it is still under warranty).
Are sheitls much cheaper in NYC? If they are maybe it is worth it?
What do you think??!!?!?

lizard8

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 9:54 am
It depends on what type of shaitel you want. In NY there are better sales and bigger selection on precuts. If you want a custom, what brand do you want?
If you get a Shevy in Toronto, they get it from NY and if there are problems, its sent back to NY. If you want from someone who makes their own shaitels, (eg. Paula's) it might be easier to buy in Toronto (in case there are problems).
If you buy one in NY, you can always send it back with someone, or call up when you notice a problem and bring it in on your next visit.

mamamea

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 6:24 pm
I'm loving the pre-cut idea (can't afford a costume right now) there are more options here in NYC? how much do shevy's go for?

solo

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 6:34 pm
im only familliar with 2 sheitel machers in toronto and in my opinion their wigs are far less superior in quality and style than whats available in ny.

realeez

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:31 pm
Definitely buy in New York - especially if you are on a budget and want a decent one in a middle price range since there aren't that many to choose from here. Of course, there are Shevys and Freeda and other popular brands that probably are cheaper in NY plus some that are made here like Paula and Allegria but that's probably a drop in the bucket compared to NY's selection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels