Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
2 year old READy. Mom's NOT>

alwayzbizzy

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 7:22 pm
Ok. It's my first - and she's ready for training.
She tells me exactly when she's going in her pamper, etc.
Problem is.....I'm Not!
I'm terrified!
ALso, I work Mon - Thur.
Friday is too busy.
Shabbos - can't clean up after her.
Sunday - is just one day.
Don't have the timne...........

Any tips or advice???

HappyMommy23

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 7:35 pm
I have just been toilet training my son who just turned three. He was for sure ready earlier but there were different things going on. First we moved, then we were getting settled in, then I started and ended up on bed rest. I thought I had a perfect week to train him but of course s/thing else came up. Then immediately after pesach I made the time. I was ready. I had been talking to a much more experienced mother who I said how he's ready. She said she always says the mother has to be ready. Now yes, ideally we should go by when the child's ready but if you're not ready and it's not a good time then it won't go well. You need to have lots of extra patience and be sure not to get upset as it can really impact the child. Saying all that maybe you can take off some time. Let's say a Thurs. thru Monday. But every child's different. If she's asking you to go so those times she asks you can let her and let it be gradual. You have to see what works best for you/ Hope some of that is helpful!
Hatzlacha Rabba!

Skippy!!

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 7:44 pm
I think that you should try and make the time. You might decide that you're ready in 1/2 year but your daughter might decide that she's not interested then, and then you'll really regret not having taken advantage of this opportunity.
For Shabbos you could just prepare some cut up towel paper or shmattas in case she has an accident and wash the floor after Shabbos

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 7:51 pm
Mom has to be ready, no question about it.

You can prepare yourself to be ready, if you are ready to prepare yourself Smile

About Shabbos... It's actually ideal to start training over the weekend if you work. Taking off Friday and Monday, 1-1/2 days, gives you 4 days with your 2 year old.
But you need to be emotionally ready, and have your techniques ready.
About cleaning up on Shabbos, have rolls of paper towels precut before Shabbos, put down paper towels to soak up spills, then spill water from a cup over the dry dirty area, and put down more paper towels.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 8:18 pm
My 2-yr-old also desperately wants "make potty" but I'm still trying to keep her a baby for longer (which none of my other kids were privileged to).

IMO, mothers are entitled to do things their way once in a while LOL .

Rodent

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 9:31 pm
I wanted to wait 3 more weeks as my father has come in from overseas for that time and we'll be out a lot with little access to toilets (and I have to get my older son with a broken leg back to underpants/toilet also which will be hard enough). Well my 2nd son isn't having any of it. He strips and goes to the toilet himself when he wants it. *sigh* Guess we're doing it now....

alwayzbizzy

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 10:07 pm
It's not that she's going to the bathroom on her own. SHe only asks to go every so often. But every time she goes in her pamper - she lets me know.
That means she's ready, no?
Am I nuts for waiting???

Also, we're planning on moving in 2 months.
Should I push it befoer then - or wait until after she's adjusted?

devoh

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 1:32 pm
my 2.75 yr old boy is showing no interest at all in traing

small bean

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 1:54 pm
my dd is not 2 yet and has been asking for a while - I just let her go when she asks. I'm not ready to have to stop what I'm doing all the time. usually once their ready - they have very few accidents.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training