Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Personal BLOGS

queen

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 11:52 am
Just curious what the hype about blogs are all about.....?
Please explain why reading what some stranger has to say or has done recently is interesting to you.

This is not an attack against bloggers, but rather a quest to understand something I don't know much about.

Inspired

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 11:58 am
If you are the type of person for whom people are interesting. If you like sociology and people watching and understanding other cultures and ways of life and people's motivations, then you like to read blogs. If you don't like any of that you probably don't like blogs.
And then there are people who read blogs to get and share information. IF blogs come to mind.

Tefila

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:46 pm
Quote:
you like sociology and people watching and understanding other cultures and ways of life and people's motivations, then you like to read blogs

Though I like to get interested in others besides my mini self I personally think blogs r well..... u know...... Confused

Last edited by Tefila on Tue, May 23 2006, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inspired

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:49 pm
Tefila wrote:
Quote:
you like sociology and people watching and understanding other cultures and ways of life and people's motivations, then you like to read blogs

I like to get interested in others besides my mini self but I personally think blogs r well..... u know...... Confused

Do you realize that almost whatever your interest is you can find a blog about it?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 12:54 pm
I like reading blogs, especially ones that are well written. It's so interesting to read stories about people's personal lives, it's like a real life drama.

One blog that I read was called Chosson Hunt, it was so exciting to follow her search and celebrate with her when she changed the blog title to "Chosson Found"!

amother

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 2:14 pm
What are blogs???!! And how does one "find them"?

(Amother because I'm embarrassed I don't know)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 9:53 pm
A blog is a little bit like a diary, but it's for the public to read, you can write about a/thing, yourself, kids, your life, a hobby you have, you can add pictures and comments and other ppl can add their comments.
I'll give you a link to one of imamother's members' blog, so u can see what's it's about.
1stimer, I hope you don't mind.

http://dovid04.blogspot.com/

yoyosma

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 10:42 pm
I used to be into reading other people's blogs, (and a select few, because some of the stuff out there is TRASH) but now I post on Imamother.com instead!! Very Happy
One blog I still read, its a really funny and good one, down to earth and honest as well.
www.mybaldsheitel.blogspot.com

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 3:01 pm
I have a blog, but I only allow my trusted friends to read it. It serves two purposes: when something fascinating or frustrating happens to me, I have where to vent, or where to write about my intersting experience, and get instant feedback. The second purpose is, that I have alot of friends who constantly want tos ee pics of my son, so I put them in the blog and only those whom I allow in, can see it. I have 100 women reading my blog and about 10 leave comments on each entry.

anon

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 4:55 pm
Quote:
One blog that I read was called Chosson Hunt, it was so exciting to follow her search and celebrate with her when she changed the blog title to "Chosson Found"!

Defygravity, this sounds interesting. Can you post a link?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics