Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bed wetting @ 6 -which alarm?

amother

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 8:15 am
My son is almost 6 years old and he needs to wear a pull up every night to stay dry. Even with it on, sometimes he wets through. We limit liquids for 1/5 hrs before bed, and make him go to the bathroom before he goes to bed. We used to have him get up around 10 or 11 to pee (he wouldnt actually be awake, we would lead him) but it didnt seem to make a difference.

1) any suggestions on how to get him to stop?
2) Which alarms have people used?

amother

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 8:58 am
I'm having the same issue with my almost 6 yr old son. No drinks before bedtime, wake him up btw. 10 and 11 and we still have a wet pull up almost every morning. Is it too early to start the alarm?

mommalah

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 9:28 am
They say you can start the alarm at age 5. My older daughter was successfully night trained with using the Wet Stop when she was 5.5 . It took her 2 weeks, she was very motivated. My now 5 year old dd has tried it but the fact that the cord is tethered to her bothers her. The sensor attaches to her panties and on the other end is the receiver which sounds the alarm when wet (and this attaches to her shirt). So I need to buy a wireless system for her and see how that goes. But they are really expensive. $129!

mommalah

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 9:31 am
The only negative thing I can think about regarding the wet stop is the fact that the alarm doesn't get very loud. So I often didn't hear and dd could sometimes ignore it. I then just learned to stay near her room or within earshot of her room when we were using it so I could get to her quickly and wake her when it sounded.
And the fact that it is not wireless. Other than that it worked pretty well and cost like $50.

mommyofboys

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:40 am
I used the Malem Ultimum alarm for my 7 year old. He still used a pullup & was always wet in the morning. It took 10 days till he started waking up dry every night. Hes dry since.
It has a loud volume & vibrates too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training