Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone have a Kitchenaid Ice cream bowl?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 1:58 pm
How does the ice cream come out? Like soft ice cream or does it get hard like a rock? Is the texture similar to the store bought stuff?

TIA....

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 4:25 pm
I have an icecream maker (though not Kitchenaid) that uses a stainless bowl. The kind where you freeze the bowl 12hrs or whatever, and the motor with a wing that sits on top. It really depends on how well you chill the ingredients that you pour into the bowl, but mine usually come out somewhat on soft side---hard to scoop into icecream cone but actually more delicious as is, served straight into a serving bowl. I usually transfer them into a plastic tub, let it firm around 30min. Once firmed, it's quite solid--you need to take it out 15-20min before serving for optimal flavour/consistency. I really like mine and it's really popular with guests/family.

zigi

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 4:48 pm
like mrs bisselli said it works the best if everything is really cold. it comes out like softserve. if you put it in an air tight container it gets harder but its not like store bought ice cream.

I really like my machine, I also make ice milk with milk and not cream. its also good with yogurt. and pureed frozen berries.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 7:46 pm
Thanks. I have a kitchenaid machine, and I REALLY want the ice cream attachment. I guess an ice cream machine would be the same thing? Now I have to find it on sale somewhere LOL.

nylon

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 7:51 pm
I have the attachment and really like it. No ice cream maker has it come out hard right away; I think even the kind with the built in refrigerator ($$$$) makes it slightly soft. Mine freezes hard after I take it out though--sometimes I put a little vodka in to keep it a bit softer. It also depends on the recipe. Some recipes are creamier, some are denser, some are fluffier.

I've also had the dedicated machine but prefer the KA attachment--I think I've had slightly better results.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen