Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Looking for recipe with tuna and puff pastry?

Raisin

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 6:40 pm
any foolproof, easy and GOOD recipes involving tuna (canned) and puff pastry? even better if I can serve it cold.

hadasa

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 9:56 pm
I made knishes with a filling of mashed potatoes, tuna, grated onion and carrot, salt, garlic and a bit of mayo.

newlymarried

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 10:25 pm
I was going to give the same recipe, except I put canned diced tomatoes in mine, instead of the onions and carrots.

mommy24

Post Mon, May 17 2010, 11:04 pm
I just add garlic, black pepper, and dijon mustard to canned tuna and put in mini puff pastry dough. I serce with a cesear salad dressing on lettuce. everyone loves it.

yaeli83

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 1:58 am
I make a tuna roll that people really enjoy.

all I do is take a can of tuna, make it however you like it. I add mayo and dill, sometimes chopped onion. put it in puff pastry, roll it up like a deli roll. then I egg it and add dill to the top.
I serve it with a mayo, dill dipping sauce.

very simple and easy and always gets great reviews.

Tamiri

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 3:06 am
Raisin, this is copied verbatim from a web page. I was going to make it for the first time for Shavuot but in the end decided not to. If you make it, please let me know if it's good.

This Tuna Pie is not only a favorite recipe in our home, it is also a favorite recipe on our neighborhood. Whenever someone serves it for Sabbath lunch, guests ask for the recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons oil
2 onions, chopped
400-500 grams fresh mushrooms, chopped
puff pastry dough (thin is best), defrosted
2 6-ounce cans (170 gram) tuna, drained
10 ounces (300 grams) cheese grated
4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
6 Tablespoons plain yogurt (eshel in Israel)
1-2 teaspoons paprika
1/2-1 teaspoon salt
Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius).
2. Spray a 9x13 inch pyrex baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer with half of the puff pastry.
3. In a skillet, heat oil. Saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Cool.
4. Combine the onions and mushrooms with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Pour the tuna mixture on top of the puff pastry, then top with the other half of the puff pastry. Brush egg yolk on top of the pastry dough. Slightly cut serving size squares into the top of the pastry dough.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let pie cool slightly before cutting.

chanchy123

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 3:32 am
Tamiri wrote:
Raisin, this is copied verbatim from a web page. I was going to make it for the first time for Shavuot but in the end decided not to. If you make it, please let me know if it's good.

This Tuna Pie is not only a favorite recipe in our home, it is also a favorite recipe on our neighborhood. Whenever someone serves it for Sabbath lunch, guests ask for the recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons oil
2 onions, chopped
400-500 grams fresh mushrooms, chopped
puff pastry dough (thin is best), defrosted
2 6-ounce cans (170 gram) tuna, drained
10 ounces (300 grams) cheese grated
4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
6 Tablespoons plain yogurt (eshel in Israel)
1-2 teaspoons paprika
1/2-1 teaspoon salt
Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius).
2. Spray a 9x13 inch pyrex baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer with half of the puff pastry.
3. In a skillet, heat oil. Saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Cool.
4. Combine the onions and mushrooms with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Pour the tuna mixture on top of the puff pastry, then top with the other half of the puff pastry. Brush egg yolk on top of the pastry dough. Slightly cut serving size squares into the top of the pastry dough.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let pie cool slightly before cutting.

I just remembered that I made something similar last year, I remember seeing this recipe somewhere online and making a synthesis between this one and one that called for ketchup in the tuna mixture and I don't remember using mushrooms (although I may have) it turned out great at the end.
A great cheap fish main course for chag.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 3:34 am
yaeli83 wrote:

all I do is take a can of tuna, make it however you like it. I add mayo and dill, sometimes chopped onion. put it in puff pastry, roll it up like a deli roll. then I egg it and add dill to the top.

I do something similar, making tuna pinwheels - same idea, but it's a little fancier. I make my fillinf as if I am making tuna patties ( but w/o egg). For one can of tuna, I add a squirt of ketchup, a tsp or 2 of mustard, 1 heaping Tbsp. mayo, salt and pepper, onion powder, a bit of lemon juice, and Mrs. Dash original blend. I mix it all up until it gets very smooth - like a paste. Then I spread it on the puff pastry dough and roll it up like a deli roll. Then I slice it into 1/2" pinwheels and arrange on a baking sheet. I egg each individual one and then bake them. They get puffy on top from the egg, but melt in the mouth consistency inside. I serve them on a platter with a mayo dill dip in the middle. Yuuuuuummmmm!!!

Raisin

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 5:00 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
yaeli83 wrote:

I do something similar, making tuna pinwheels - same idea, but it's a little fancier. I make my fillinf as if I am making tuna patties ( but w/o egg). For one can of tuna, I add a squirt of ketchup, a tsp or 2 of mustard, 1 heaping Tbsp. mayo, salt and pepper, onion powder, a bit of lemon juice, and Mrs. Dash original blend. I mix it all up until it gets very smooth - like a paste. Then I spread it on the puff pastry dough and roll it up like a deli roll. Then I slice it into 1/2" pinwheels and arrange on a baking sheet. I egg each individual one and then bake them. They get puffy on top from the egg, but melt in the mouth consistency inside. I serve them on a platter with a mayo dill dip in the middle. Yuuuuuummmmm!!!

that sounds good, I think I might try that. Do you serve them hot or cold?

thanks for all the ideas, everyone.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 9:53 am
Raisin wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:
yaeli83 wrote:

that sounds good, I think I might try that. Do you serve them hot or cold?

thanks for all the ideas, everyone.

I heated them up in a pan on the plata with the foil slightly off and they were delicious warmed up...but when theycooled down, they were great as well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics