Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leapster

new-here

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 12:21 pm
Does anyone out there have a leapster and what is your opinion on it?
I am looking to get it for my 4 & 6 year old boys.

wwmom

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 12:48 pm
yup, we have it. My kids LOVE it and use it all the time. It was one of the few toys I've bought that I can totally say that it's worth every penny. we got it for DH when he was 5 and he still loves it (7). DD was 4 at the time and also was able to play it. My s.I.l. has 2 of them, bec. the kids would fight over it so she had to buy a second, and they use it everyday, as well as my friends kids. Plus, it's educational!

Kumphort

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 12:55 pm
We also love it around here, I got it for my 5 year old son, because I refuse to buy him the DS that he wants, he really enjoys playing with it, the games are educational, it's simple enough that he can navigate himself.

Inspired

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 12:59 pm
We love ours. Look for games on eba. Invest in rechargeable batteries.

new-here

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 1:04 pm
Thanks so much for your feedback.
Which games do you have?
Also, I think I saw an accessory where you can charge the leapster instead of batteries, is that correct?

new-here

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 1:08 pm
Also, which games are for mostly 4 year old age, I.e. shapes, single digit math & abc's? I looked thru the list of games and most were for older children?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 7:11 pm
It sounds like an interesting Chanukah gift for my kids. I will look into it.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Nov 23 2009, 7:24 pm
my son loved it at that age!

His best friend was having reading issues, and they were talking about holding his friend back a grade. My son got so worried, that he insisted that his best friend borrow the leapster. B"H the program that teaches kids to read, it worked!! They let his best friend move up the grade with him! Even though we have moved they still are in touch!

MetroMom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 3:40 am
I think it is an incredible tool for children that are learning the ABCs, learning how to read, and also throughout the various levels of basic mathematics. It is a really good aid, disguised as a game, that allows the kids to get unlimited practice at their level and to keep moving up to higher levels. The games are made very well. Of course there are many games that aren't 'all that' as far as education is concerned, but a great majority is. And besides, a little extra fun never hurt anyone. We have two Leapsters and it was a great investment.

bigmomma

Post Fri, May 21 2010, 4:16 pm
What is the leapster 2 and what is the difference between different leapsters?

new-here

Post Sun, May 23 2010, 10:25 pm
The leapster is sort of similar to a Nintendo Gameboy - but with educational games. The Leapster 2 is the newer version of the Leapster and it has the ability to connect it via usb to your computer for prizes and updates.

mommy24

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 10:09 am
All my kids between the ages of 3-10 use it and love it, it has been a great tool for my kids in learning math skills, problem solving skills, and reading skills. The can spend so much time on it, they had been begging for a DS but there was no way I would get one I saw this educational toy and have been really happy. With leapster2 you can connect online and download games and some extras to your leapster, it also let parents see how thier kids are doing week to week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics