Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Chuck eye

ESB

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 1:16 pm
So I cooked a chuck eye roast for yom tov! I have packs in freezer. It came out too dry. Any ideas of what sauce to make with it. To warm it in a sauce or poor over? Thanx!

mamaleh

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:09 pm
Use a good bbq sauce or even plain duck sauce. Cover it well in sauce then tightly cover the pan and heat in the oven.

ysydmom

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:59 pm
I made middle chuck for the first time and it came out delicouse. I used the same reciepie that I use for london broil.

I sautee 2-3 onions and 2 heads of garlic in oil in frying pan. Take a large tin 9 x13 is good unless it's a larger roast, open up a large can of tomatoe sauce and put it in the tin add a few cups of water. Rubb some flour on the meat, place meat in the tin with the sauce add the sauteed onions and garlic add some onion powder, garlic powder. Cut up some potatoes or buy the small red ones. Cover and bake for 3 hours.

Enjoy!

ESB

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 12:11 pm
ysydmom its too late for that. Its already cooked now I gotta warm it but make it more tasety.

I will try the bbq sauce or even spicy duck sauce. Thanx mamele

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 3:01 pm
You can heat a sauce of 1/2 cup apricot jam, 1/4 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp mustard, 1 tsp rice vinegar and dash of salt.
Or 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp onion soup mix OR 1-1/2 tsp dried minced onion + ½ tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics