Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Tell me about a nes...

Chani

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:47 am
I thought it might be inspiring if we could tell each other stories about a time when a nes happened to us personally or we could clearly see Hashem's hand in events in our lives...

When we were first married and really had very little money, my parents "sold" us a car of theirs which was only a couple of years old for very very little. My DH was driving an old wreck of a car which we didn't keep any collision insurance on b/c its value was less than $1000. I'd had the new car about a week when a fellow lost control going around a curve and T-boned the car right in the driver's side. It was a terrible looking wreck, but B'H, other than some bruises and scrapes I was fine, although the car was totalled. Less than a week later my DH was in a wreck with the old junker he was driving and it too was a complete loss - unable to be repaired. The day after my DH's wreck (we're now carless), I went to the other driver's insurance company from my wreck to get the check for the loss of our nice car. While I'm there, the adjuster asks me if I'm ready to accept a settlement check for my personal injuries as well. I told her that I wasn't really hurt just a little bruised, but she insisted that they wanted to settle and get a release from me all the same. She gave me a check in an amount that I thought was simply astonishingly high, but given her insistence I accepted it. The next day I went car shopping and found TWO great cars for which I negotiated a purchase price with the dealer which came out almost exactly to the insurance settlement I had received for my old car and the personal injury.

These cars must have had a special mazal to them, b/c we still have one of them (it's 15 years old) - we never got rid of it b/c it still looks beautiful and runs like a top. The other one (16 years old) we gave to someone who needed a car several years ago and we still see it being driven around all of the time...

If DH had had a wreck without my having had a wreck and getting far more money than expected, we would really have been in a terrible position...but it all worked out just great!

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 8:24 am
A few months ago (Dec 31) I was hit by a car. To me it was a nes that I only had a broken ankle. My head hit the ground twice and I was completely under the car. The brain scan was negative for internal bleeding which to me was a nes because I am missing a clotting factor. Yesterday I made a kiddish seudahs hodaah in our shul and I was able to walk there for the first time since the accident.

amother

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 9:49 am
When my sister was 3 years old she was sitting on the second story window sill talking to a neighbor. The screen fell off & she fell out. From all the junk that was on the window sill, only a picture of my father getting kos shel brocha from the Rebbe fell out with her. She landed on a bunch of bikes & only had a scraped thigh & a couple of bruises. Not a broken bone!

BH she's a very healthy 20 yr old now, but we tease her that it messed her up in her head a bit Smile

willow

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 9:54 am
what a beautiful thread

shoy18

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 10:07 am
a friend of mine was in labor at the same hospital her grandfather was very sick in. She was having a lot of problems during delivery and they told her the baby was in distresss and thier was a chance he would not survive. BH BH the baby came out fine. Turns out her granfather died exactly the same time the baby was born. It was as if the grandfather gave his neshama to her baby. Bris 8 days later with the name for the grandfather. It gives me chills everytime I here it.

supermommy

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 10:09 pm
My parents are BT. My mother suffered many misscarriages and when she mentioned this to the shlucha she recommended to write to the Lubavitcher Rebbe. So she did and received a response to start keeping TM.
Throughout all this time almost every night my mother would dream of my grandmother who always told her "I don't have a name."
Well the first time my mother went to Mikvah her mother stopped coming to her in a dream.
My mother then knew she was preg. with a girl!
Guess who I'm named after?

Tefila

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 10:30 pm
Quote:
My head hit the ground twice and I was completely under the car. The brain scan was negative for internal bleeding which to me was a nes because I am missing a clotting factor.

What a nes Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 11:00 am
supermommy wrote:
My parents are BT. My mother suffered many misscarriages and when she mentioned this to the shlucha she recommended to write to the Lubavitcher Rebbe. So she did and received a response to start keeping TM.
Throughout all this time almost every night my mother would dream of my grandmother who always told her "I don't have a name."
Well the first time my mother went to Mikvah her mother stopped coming to her in a dream.
My mother then knew she was preg. with a girl!
Guess who I'm named after?

wow, beautiful!

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 3:40 pm
I have two:
1) 9 weeks after my wedding my doctors told me I would most likely never have children. Barely over our shevah brachot, we suddenly became a childless couple. We stormed shamayim, davening and crying and begged Hashem to send us a baby. Finally I became pregnant, only to have a very difficult time and face losing our baby time and time again. I'm happy to report that she was born in perfect health. After she was born, we were told it was a miracle and that we will probably not have more, well, BH I'm pregnant again!
2) Some friends of mine and I went out to pizza very late one night. We where all standing outside of the resturant when a man walked into Cafe Hillel, 3 doors down and blew the place up. We all sustained amazingly light injuries and the bullets missed our heads, imbeding themselves in the wall just a couple of feet above. That however was not the true nes. The true nes was that all 10 of us where trained medics and carrying amazing amounts of medical equipment. We where, with Hashem's help able to save people that night that would not have lived until the first ambulance arrived.

supermom

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:20 pm
I never knew they put bullets in their bombs Confused shock

Flowerchild

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:22 pm
yeah I was thinking the same, where did the bullets come from?

ButterflyGarden

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:30 pm
bullets, nails, screws, shards of metal and glass. Anything that will pierce the skin. Many times they are coated with rat poison or the bombers blood which will have aids.

Flowerchild

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 4:35 pm
oh my god that is horrible, it makes me sick, these people are crazy.

but your story was great, its amazing how great hashem is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics