Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Manufacturer's coupon question

Fabulous

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 12:21 am
I have two separate coupons I got in the mail from huggies. One for 2 off, one for 2.50 off. It doesn't say anything about coupon cannot be combined. Do you think I can use both of them for the same package?

louche

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 10:16 am
Have you read the fine print on the coupon? I've never seen a coupon that doesn't say it can't be combined. In any case, it's most unlikely that any reputable vendor will allow you to combine coupons.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 2:49 pm
that's the thing, I read the fine print. all it says is that it may not be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred or reproduced.

But, now that I'm rereading it. It says "limit one coupon per purpose as specified above" but nothing is specified except 2.50 off any package of huggies little snuggler or little movers diapers.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 5:32 pm
Fabulous wrote:
It says "limit one coupon per purpose as specified above" but nothing is specified except 2.50 off any package of huggies little snuggler or little movers diapers.

"Limit one coupon per purpose as specified above" is usually interpreted to mean that you can use only one manufacturer's coupon per item (per pack of diapers or whatever), although the wording I have always read is "Limit one coupon per purchase as specified above". Some stores interpret it to mean that only one coupon can be used per shopping trip, but from what I have read, that is incorrect. The only exception to that I can think of are the manufacturer's coupons that give "Free X, when you buy Y". Many stores allow those to be combined with dollar amount off coupons, since the dollar amount coupon "attaches" to the Y item, while the "Free X" coupon "attaches" to the X item.

avimom

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 9:38 pm
You can't combine them on one item in most stores because of the store's policy... However, in many stores, such as Target and Rite Aid, you can use a store coupon and a manu. coupon on the same item. That said, there are $3 off Huggies printable coupons online now that are better than the ones you have...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains