Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Turkey breast roast

shoy18

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 12:40 pm
Hi I am cooking a turkey breast, no bones, I forgot when I put it in and dont know how much it ways. Does anyone know how to tell when its done?

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 5:44 am
Anyone have a good recipe for a large (boneless) turkey breast? I'm trying to find something other than making it into Shnitzel.
Thanks!

queen

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 2:03 pm
I'm not a turkey person, however assuming you can treat it like chicken-
I'll offer you two suggestions:

1. Create a stir fry to be served over rice:

cut turkey into smaller pieces and fry in VERY little oil. Assuming your pieces are relatively small (not tiny, about the size of a medium mushroom) they should cook rather fast. as soon as the pieces turn white/are adequately cooked, remove from pan.

add a little bit more oil. add to pan package of frozen chinese stir fry veggies and cook up.

once veggies are done, return the turkey pieces to pan. cover and let cook for a few minutes.

ORRRRRR-

2. bread your small turkey pieces (dipped in egg, than bread/corn flake crumbs etc.) and fry in small amount of oil/pam.

stuff a pita with salad, veggies etc. AND YOUR TURKEY PIECES- instead of falafel balls.

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 3:03 pm
are you talking about a big turkey roast?

myomi

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 3:53 pm
I posted a few recipes a few months agi when someone asked wht they can do with turkey drumsticks,I use the same recipes on breasts,ill find the link for you.

myomi

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 3:55 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....daf48

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 4:26 pm
Quote:
2. bread your small turkey pieces (dipped in egg, than bread/corn flake crumbs etc.) and fry in small amount of oil/pam.

stuff a pita with salad, veggies etc. AND YOUR TURKEY PIECES- instead of falafel balls.

Sounds YUM!!! I've got to try that!

Actually I was looking for something to make for Shabbos, kind of like a Turkey roast.

queen

Post Fri, Jul 22 2005, 8:11 am
girliesmommy, when I want a light dinner, (and easy to make) I make this pita-vaiation, but use the small chix strips. never tried with turkey- just suggested it to the other poster.

chix strips: my local store sells chix breast strips (I guess little scraps that came off the big pieces of chix. they are not fatty, and are regular pieces of chicken---- just not attached to the bone, and not big enough to be sold as shnitzel.

I like these small pieces also bec. they cook SOOOO super fast vs. chix that has to be left in the oven for a minimum of an hour.

proudmom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 5:28 pm
When I ever make turkey I let it cook for an hour.

willow

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 6:21 am
I want a winning recipe please Very Happy

elisecohen

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 6:56 am
I don't do anything fancy--just put it in the oven with salt, pepper, paprika, and roast, then make gravy. I'd love to hear if someone has creative ideas!

amother

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 8:55 am
Put on apricot jam and ketchup with some onion, garlic, paprika, s&p, wrap in foil and bake.

willow

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 9:17 am
What do I bake it on?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey