Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Which exercise machine should we get?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 7:19 am
our treadmill is done with. it got water in the motor twice within two weeks and it just costs way too much to fix, so for those who have exercise machines, what do you have and why do you like it (or not)?

we are looking to either get a stationary bike or I would love a gazelle machine but I know that there are so many more.

Aribenj

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:10 pm
Is a gazelle machine an elliptical? I found an awesome one once, where the arms function independently from the legs, which makes for a crazy intense workout, and also instead of going up and down, the feet go around, sort of like a bike, but you're standing!
I used it once at a gym and I don;t remember the brand and I've been trying to find it ever since!

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:11 pm
I'm looking to get a treadmill personally.

cubbie

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:18 pm
I'm planning to get a trampoline - I know it's not a machine, but from what I understand, 20 mins on a trampoline is like 1 hour of other excercise, and it's not painful, more fun and much cheaper. Google rebounding. (Shabbat they cost between 250-350 sheks depending on size)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 2:25 pm
I have a recumbant bike and a trampolene.

ora_43

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 4:32 pm
I have an elliptical. I like it because it doesn't use electricity, and it can be used for both high and low-intensity workouts (I got it when I was pregnant and running was too much for me, and I was able to use it into my ninth month, which really helped). Also, it was significantly cheaper than the treadmills.

That said, if I weren't comfortable running outside, I might have preferred a treadmill, because I think even the tougher elliptical settings don't compare with the workout you get from running.

nayamama

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 11:19 am
We have a treadmill and an elliptical. I dont know if its true, but the elliptical burns more cal per hr.

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 11:37 am
nayamama wrote:
We have a treadmill and an elliptical. I dont know if its true, but the elliptical burns more cal per hr.

I also have both, and the elliptical is definitely better exercise!
also, you can change the ramp level, and it says at what levels work on different parts of your body; your thighs, hips, stomach... mine also shows how many carbs you burn, instead of calories, which I really like
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise