Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Has anyone immersed the Presto Corn Popper?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 9:47 am
I bought the Presto model 04820, and company says water will wreck it. But food makes contact with metal, so it should be toiveled.

Has anyone toiveled a Presto Corn Popper?

Plonis

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 10:43 am
I'm pretty sure ours is a Presto, and yes, we toiveled it. Just let it dry out for a week or so (preferably in a warm dry place) before plugging it in. In general it's not the WATER that causes damage, it's either minerals in the water (which I wouldn't worry about from one dunking), or short circuits caused by trying to turn on a wet appliance.

For the record, that's also how you can save a cellphone dropped in water - DO NOT TURN IT ON, take out the battery, and let it dry out completely in a warm place.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 10:46 am
I have a corn popper (not presto) We toiveled it and let it sit for a few days and it was fine.

As a general rule I think as long as electronics don't have an electric chip (like a programmable timer) they can be toiveled as long as they are allowed enough time to dry completely before turning on.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 3:29 pm
I toiveled a Presto and it works fine. Actually I used it right away, although this is not recommended. I was thinking maybe (putting the danger of short circuiting aside) that all the heat from using it would dry it up quicker, but I don't know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen