Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Doesn't anyone drink a fun drink?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 8:37 am
I like a mimisa (orange juice and champagne). (I like a pina colada and daquiries, too, but hey, you need a blender for that...)

Anyway, I was at a wedding, and I got them for the ladies at my table, who turned up their noses........what's that all about?

One is older, and the other isn't preg. or nursing......

Mishie

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 9:14 am
I was at a wedding last week, and got a really cool drink, it was this Green Fizzy Drink - Lime flavored with a hint of Vodka.

willow

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 9:44 am
THe other night I made for dh and myself a strawberry smoothie with vodka. Drunken Smile

chen

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 10:32 am
1.not everyone likes the taste of alcohol.
2. plenty of people would rather get their empty calories from something other than alcoholic beverages.
3. ever hear of 'designated drivers"?

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 2:28 pm
My favorite drink is shirley temple. Smile I personally don't like alcohol (except for some wines). However, I do like non-alcoholic pina coladas or strawberry daquries. I had this drink one time that did have alcohol that I actually liked. I don't remember the name, but it was sweet and orange/yellow and pink. The name had something to do with the sunrise or sunset. I don't remember, but it was good. My husbands family drinks and I usually just sit there and sometimes I smell my husbands glass.

Mommy912

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 4:18 pm
Shavuos sounds like a nice time for fun drinks - recipes anybody?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 4:19 pm
That's a great idea! Maybe I'll get some drink mixes for shavuos!

mimsy7420

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 4:20 pm
RivkaBatya wrote:
My favorite drink is shirley temple. Smile I personally don't like alcohol (except for some wines). However, I do like non-alcoholic pina coladas or strawberry daquries. I had this drink one time that did have alcohol that I actually liked. I don't remember the name, but it was sweet and orange/yellow and pink. The name had something to do with the sunrise or sunset. I don't remember, but it was good. My husbands family drinks and I usually just sit there and sometimes I smell my husbands glass.

Smell?

batya_d

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 5:28 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
That's a great idea! Maybe I'll get some drink mixes for shavuos!

I like Sweet and Sour drinks, like:

Tom Collins:
Gin, sour mix, sprite or seltzer.

Sour mix makes ANY kind of alcohol delicious!!

brooklyn

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 7:45 am
RivkaBatya wrote:
I had this drink one time that did have alcohol that I actually liked. I don't remember the name, but it was sweet and orange/yellow and pink. The name had something to do with the sunrise or sunset.

Tequila Sunrise maybe?

chen

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 8:21 am
only1 wrote:
sometimes I smell my husbands glass.

Smell?[/quote]

My sis was once on a strict diet and used to drive e/o crazy sniffing whatever it was they were having that she couldn't. If she couldn't enjoy the taste she was going to enjoy the smell. You'd think the smell would make you hungrier for the taste, but it worked for her.

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:26 am
Yes, I smell his drink. embarrassed I know it's weird. It makes him happy, though. He feels like I'm participating. It's kinda a family joke.

Brooklyn, Maybe it was a Tequila Sunrise . Is it really sweet? It looks like maybe that's it.

Oh, I also like bloody marys without alcohol, but I guess thats really just tamato jucie at that point.

faigie

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 12:48 pm
I love choclate milk and cherry or cola soda mixed together.....

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:00 pm
Did you ever watch Laverne and Shirley?

chen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:18 pm
RivkaBatya wrote:

Oh, I also like bloody marys without alcohol, but I guess thats really just tamato jucie at that point.

with worcestershire sauce. plain tomato juice is called a virgin mary. or maybe the other way around--I don't hang around bars much.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 1:50 pm
I hear she really DID drink the milk and pepsis!!!!!!!

chen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 2:02 pm
how is milk and pepsi really different from a root beer float? both consist of a milk product plus a carbonated beverage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen