Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dougie's Poppers

LeoRafi

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 9:46 pm
Does anyone know how to make them? and has anyone made the beef and broccoli low mein from the kosher by design for kids?

gold21

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 10:01 pm
we have imitated them, but its probably not exactly how theyre made in dougies... we just make regular breaded chicken cutlets, using unflavored bread crumbs, and when theyre done, we mix them with a sauce containing 2 ingredients: cayenne pepper sauce and honey. the sauce is pretty much 50-50 of those 2 ingredients. taste the sauce before mixing it into the chicken to make sure it is just right... enjoy!

joy613

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 1:38 am
You can buy dougie's fire popper sauce in stores. I never bought it but I know poeple who did and say it tastes great.

lizard8

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:15 am
I either use the dougies sauce or make one out of honey, brown sugar and franks hot sauce.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 4:24 am
Has anyone here been to the Dougie's in Deal? I used to go to the one in NYC back in the day and was excited to try the one in Deal but was VERY disappointed with the fire poppers! They weren't nearly as hot or flavorful!!!

slushiemom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:09 am
gold21 wrote:
we have imitated them, but its probably not exactly how theyre made in dougies... we just make regular breaded chicken cutlets, using unflavored bread crumbs, and when theyre done, we mix them with a sauce containing 2 ingredients: cayenne pepper sauce and honey. the sauce is pretty much 50-50 of those 2 ingredients. taste the sauce before mixing it into the chicken to make sure it is just right... enjoy!

Made these and they came out AMAZING!! a big hit! thanks Smile

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:45 am
equal amounts of karo syrup, honey, and franks hot sauce... my husband claims its better than dougies... heat up the sauce, when it boils put the chicken nuggets in, and lower to simmer.. cook 4 a bit, and turn off flame.
the end!

jewels

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 11:57 am
I dredge small pieces of chicken in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and fry. Mix equal amounts franks red hot and dougies sauce with a little rice/soy milk added for creaminess, and bring to a boil and stir in chicken.

Gold-yours looks yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen