Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HELP!What should I eat for supper on Weight Watchers?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 9:38 pm
I recently rejoined weight watchers and I tend to leave most of my points for the end of the day because that is my hardest part of the day. I hate fish. All I keep on eating is chicken, baked potato/sweet potato and brown rice/white rice with different veggies. I am getting bored out of my mind. So what do you guys tend to eat for supper and how many points is it?

Please....Im desperate for ideas....

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 9:51 pm
First we had a HUGE salad--but make it a good salad so you'll actually want to eat it--throw in oranges, chickpeas, etc. Careful on how much dressing. For dinner, we had rotisserie chicken. Take off the skin and have the white meat and it's tiny on the point count. I eat a lot of it since it's protein and filling. Also, I measured out a half cup of rice--I don't trust myself not to eat more. Dinner comes out to about 8 points.

Also, bring your points calculator with you when you go to the supermarket--sometimes there are TV dinners with decent point counts.

The biggest tip I can give (just lost almost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers): Stay away from home-made/un-measured pasta or rice dishes--you can easily eat a triple portion! Only eat that stuff if in a pre-packaged container.

Other dinner ideas:
- Whole Wheat/Fiber Pancakes with eggs (fiber + protein) w/ sugar free syrup
- Turkey Burgers (whole wheat buns)
- Fat Free Hot Dogs and vegetarian beans
- Huge Bowl of chicken broth (fills ya up--don't put in farfel or anything like that) and then have your meal--you'll eat less.

Some other random ideas:
- Someone told me that the WW cream cheese is excellent. I haven't bought it myself (haven't seen the hechsher), but everyone in my group seems to have a mini bagel with cream cheese and sugar free hot chocolate as a snack (3 points total)

Sorry for rambling--I'm hungry Smile

groisamomma

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 10:05 pm
I also hate fish, so I had the same problem. I can give you some of the menu ideas I use, but you have to figure out the points based on the weight of each item you put in. Figure the points on the entire recipe, then divide it by how many portions you get out of each recipe.

Ground turkey patties (a few oz. ground turkey mixed with a grated onion, only egg whites, use the crumbs from whole wheat rolls, not from bread). I use a teflon pot and smear oil with a paper towel (a drop) then fry on medium.

Use the same recipe, or substitute turkey for ground chicken breast, and make them into meatballs in tomato sauce. They taste just as good as real meatballs (okay, they're a teeeny bit tougher, but still delicious!). Add plenty of water to tomato sauce and throw whole wheat spaghetti into the same pot before it's done cooking. Delicious!

Use any of the above mixtures to make fleishig lasagna. First make the sauce (I don't sautee first, just combine these ingredients: diced red pepper, green pepper, onion, mushrooms) mix into tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar. Then, layer No-Cook lasagna in a 9x13 pan and pat on some of the chicken mixture. Pour sauce over it. Layer lasagna noodles, chicken, sauce, etc. until they use up. Add a few spoons of water to the corners (2tsp in each) and bake on 400 degrees for two hours. Heaven!

Chicken stir fry: Cut strips of chicken breasts, then use a teflon pot to sautee them with onions on high till cooked. Add one tablespoon of soy sauce and two tbsp teriyaki sauce. Add 1 lb. frozen stir fry veg. and keep flame on low (mix once or twice to get the flavor all over) until veg. are ready to eat (not too long, veg. become mushy if too long). Side dish can be brown rice or ww spaghetti.

Did you try preparing chicken in all possible ways? For these ideas, use a food storage bag to shake the chicken in it with the topping instead of coating it. It gets the same flavor for half the points. For many of these, you don't need a side dish, fill up on the veg. along with a salad. Use the points to make yourself a delicious salad dressing instead. Try these:

a) chicken bottoms coated with duck sauce baked in the same pan as tiny red potato balls and onions
b) chicken breasts grilled alongside brocolli, squash, whole mushrooms from a can and onions.
c) turkey necks-they are huge and delicious, but messy to eat in public-cooked in a vegetable soup.
d) turkey drumsticks-I buy Meal Mart's smoked ready-to-eat and I chop it up into pieces, then add it to a salad for a delicious turkey salad (cold).

My favorite recipe ever is chicken wings with cabbage in tomato soup. It's a cross between a soup and a main dish. Sautee one bag shredded green cabbage (freeze in advance and defrost so it's quicker to cook) with an onion. Add chicken wings, some chicken necks for flavor, and a 46 oz can of tomato juice. I add splenda to make it sweet. Add white pepper, salt, etc. Cook for at least an hour until the soup is thick. Some people throw in potato cubes at the end. I don't- I use a whole wheat roll or two to dip in. Serve this in a bowl. Yummy!

There are lots of great ideas out here. If you still need any help (or chizuk), pm me. Good luck!!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 10:17 pm
Thanks Yocheved and gm for taking the time--keep the ideas coming PLEASE!!!!!!

bubby

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 10:33 pm
I made a great vegetarian supper...ww pasta topped with a veggie "stew".

1-2 T olive oil
2 huge onions, roughly chopped
eggplant & zucchini, cubed
1 can tomato sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)added on serving

Sautee onions, add rest, cover & simmer on very low light. You can freeze the leftover sauce.

DH & DS's loved it!

sneakermom

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 10:43 pm
Thanks bubby that recipe sounds delicious.

I love stir fry's also, burgers work well, you can also take chicken breast coat with mustard and honey and dip into crumbs and bake - delicious.

You can make sweet sauces for your chicken and add a point for the sugar.

cut up root veggies and potato's including sweet, roast with a drizzle of oil and kosher salt add a point for the oil.

Soups are great too, cauliflower and broccoli, blend and it's great.

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:18 pm
op, how's it going on ww?

ChanaRochel

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
I recently rejoined weight watchers and I tend to leave most of my points for the end of the day because that is my hardest part of the day. I hate fish. All I keep on eating is chicken, baked potato/sweet potato and brown rice/white rice with different veggies. I am getting bored out of my mind. So what do you guys tend to eat for supper and how many points is it?

Please....Im desperate for ideas....

There are excellent ideas on the WW website, I like the zero-point soup..

amother

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 11:29 pm
groisamomma-
do you know how many points a turkey neck is? I cant seem to find it anywhere?
also what about chicken necks?
and in case anyone is interested, I started a thread awhile ago (which didnt really take off) about what you ate for supper and how many points it was
heres the link:
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....chers

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 3:48 pm
made vegetarian chili last night...chicken stir fry...chicken salad...chicken in the oven...chicken skewers...fish...fish...fish...breaded fish (with homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs)...tacos with extra lean meat or ground chicken or turkey...whole wheat pasta with veggie lentil dish...

all with lots and lots of veggies!! there are tons of veggie soup recipes...grilled veggies...salads....steamed veggies drizzled with a bit of something like honey mustard sauce...

use rice and pastas sparingly and obviously only measured and when there are tons of veggies around so you dont end up overeating the high point foods.

Good luck!
I lost 17 lbs in the past almost 4 months. I love it!

suzyq

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 6:07 pm
I make wraps a lot for dinner. Sometimes I use tuna in them, sometimes I cook Morningstar veggie burgers, sometimes I use chicken, but I find that they are very filling and even if I add cheese, I usually keep them to about 6 points (which I feel like it not a lot for dinner). I top them with fat-free dressing or honey mustard and I think they are awesome.

I also just found a recipe on the WW site for crunchy zucchini sticks that was very yummy and only 1 point! Good luck!

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 8:52 pm
suzyq wrote:
I make wraps a lot for dinner. Sometimes I use tuna in them, sometimes I cook Morningstar veggie burgers, sometimes I use chicken, but I find that they are very filling and even if I add cheese, I usually keep them to about 6 points (which I feel like it not a lot for dinner). I top them with fat-free dressing or honey mustard and I think they are awesome.

I also just found a recipe on the WW site for crunchy zucchini sticks that was very yummy and only 1 point! Good luck!

I make wraps a lot too! While everyone was eating cholent this past shabbos, my hubby and I had awesome chicken wraps!

Just made butternut squash "fries" for dinner...cut up squash in sticks, spray with olive oil spray, add salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Roast in the oven. They were really good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise