Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller with triple capacity?

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:38 pm
I don't want a triple stroller but I have twins who will be 2 in July and am pg B"H with a baby due in September IY"H.

I currently have:

1) A single City Jogger that I love (from my older one)

2) A double Valco Latitude that I currently HATE and that is falling apart

I need a carriage that is easy to wheel, easy to fold and HOLDS UP WHEN USED AND ABUSED (folding/unfolding a lot, up and down steps-- my Latitude couldn't take it-- my City Jogger did beautifully)

My carriage is practically my car so I'm thinking of getting a double with a third attachment or using the single for the baby with an attachment for one twin and when I do long walks they'll just need to take turns...

Any and All options please!

RachelB

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:46 pm
Baby jogger Double (not the min) has a jump seat that attaches on top for a 3rd kid.
It can be purchased separately.

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:51 pm
RachelB wrote:
Baby jogger Double (not the min) has a jump seat that attaches on top for a 3rd kid.
It can be purchased separately.

sounds great-- do you have a link? I heard of this but can't find online.

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 9:55 pm
http://www.joggingstroller.com.....pping

Is this what you're looking for?

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 10:12 pm
I have the valco twin trimode. I don't have the jump-seat so I don't know about the specifics but I love the rest of the stroller.
And I know a few people who have it with the third seat--and they love it!

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 10:19 pm
What about the double Valco with the sitting up seat in the front? I've seen people wheeling those things.

My neighbor has the City Mini double with some contraption in the front where she clips in the infant seat. Only problem is that you'll need a seat for baby that sits up instead of the infant seat.

I'm glad to see that you're still keeping your twins in a carraige. When I had my third I made my 2-year-old walk everywhere. I still feel bad now that I forced him to grow up so soon Crying .

Tova

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 10:25 pm
groisamoma - don't feel bad; you did the best you could, but I totally agree with your approval of ILL. I am VERY into not making a child all of the sudden be "big" just because there is a new baby in the family. My son was 18 months old when my daughter was born and I used to call them my two babies - the big one and the little one. And I see now how right I was because now my DAUGHTER is 18 months old and b"H developing and progressing but YES - she is still such a baby! And he was that age when she was born but seemed so much older to me.

My son now at age 3 goes in the double stroller all the time (although he'll often want to walk and hold on the side). I could see at age 3 that it is almost a switch went on and he finally is a big boy. His speech and mannerisms are so much more mature, he understands more complex concepts, he has the ability to understand feelings and try to help, etc. Totally different ballgames. But two years old - definately still a baby.

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 10:59 pm
I'm afraid to touch the Valco cuz of my terrible experience with their lattitude and cuz the tri mode is not very simple to fold

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:36 pm
I don't know if the jump seat for babyjogger is for the twin, I think its for the single only. my neighbor has it on the twin but they drilled in screws to hold it in....

check out StrollerSwap, a yahoo group devoted to carriages, the ladies there might be able to help. one option is to add on a Strolli rider-like a little tricycle to the side of your carriage. a different neighbor with twins did that or a buggy board once your kids get older they can take turns on. there is the ABC adventure buggy, a carriage that comes with an option to put seats on the top of the hood, you can have a twin carriage with 1 or 2 seats on top, a single with one or 2 seats. the upstairs seats come in reclinging or non reclining. obviously this won't work if your very short but one of the ladies on StrollerSwap has that set up and is about 5' 2. I don't remember off hand what the other options are.... there was one lady who had very skinny kids and was able to fit in 3 kids in a German sbs twin

Ronit

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:42 pm
Check out the ABC buggy. I know people who are very happy with it.

http://adventurebuggycompany.com/

scroll down & you'll see the options.

Ronit

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:45 pm
If you want something compact, you can do two seats over the single. I don't know anyone who has this version tho.

http://adventurebuggycompany.com/products.htm

I've seen the one over one & I've seen the single over double.

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:50 pm
Ronit wrote:
If you want something compact, you can do two seats over the single. I don't know anyone who has this version tho.

http://adventurebuggycompany.com/products.htm

I've seen the one over one & I've seen the single over double.

they are expensive to import but you can sometimes find it on Craigslist and I think someone on StrollerSwap is selling a double.

Rodent has some pictures posted on Imamother of her setup.

dalia1

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 6:01 pm
I have twins and a baby. I have the Valco and hate it with a passion....its a nightmare to fold and I feel like I am pushing it through sand. Right now I just make sure to have someone push one stroller while I push the other (since my tire on my Valco is busted).

YALT

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 6:42 pm
I always loved looking at the ABCbuggy. I think it's so neat.
But if you want a double with space for a 3rd, I use my Phil&Ted all the time for 3. The triangle in the front (by the feet) becomes the 3rd seat.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 10:10 pm
What's a good website for me to look at some of these things-- I can't figure out which of these strollers are sold in the US and which are not.

bnm

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 10:45 pm
The ABC is the only one you cant get new in the USA, you have to order from the company in New Zealand I think. You can find it used on craigslist.

everything else you can find in the US. I would recommend you go to Buy Buy Baby, they have em all on display

Rodent

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 11:16 pm
I don't think the ABC Adventure Buggy is sold in US stores but you can order it online. I believe where we ordered ours is also the international dealer: www.gobubbago.com.au They ship it to you, we were impressed with the service.

LuckyMum

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 4:08 am
I have the baby jogger double (regular, not mini) and my 2 year old sits on the little piece in the front when he's to tired to walk.
you can also try attaching a buggy board to any double carriage. there is a great one from 'Litaf' that the kid can sit on, not just stand. (Ive only seen it available in Israel though..)

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 4:39 am
Joovy Big Caboose

This one folds well and is fairly light for a double... one of the older kids would have to sit/stand on the platform.

http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 8:52 am
ewa-jo wrote:
Joovy Big Caboose

This one folds well and is fairly light for a double... one of the older kids would have to sit/stand on the platform.

http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php

its a truck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics