Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Help me find the right words to talk to bbsitter

amother

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 12:04 pm
I have a good bbsitter for my son, next year I am planning to send my son (2 yrs old) to playgroup. I have to tell my bbsitter but don't know what to say. if he was 3 and going to nursery then it would be easier for me to tell her, but since age 2 could still stay home then I feel very uncomfortable.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 12:08 pm
Just be straightforward and honest.

What is the reason you're putting him in playgroup? Is in more economical? More convenient? You want him to get out of the house? Be around other kids?

Whatever the reason, just say that. That's it. She'll know it has nothing to do with her competence.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 12:08 pm
It sounds to me like you feel guilty sending him at 2. You do whatever you feel comfortable doing and just tell your babysitter that you won't need her services anymore because you plan on sending him to playgroup. If you'd like, give her a gift as well.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 12:18 pm
op here. thanks. I am sending for all reasons mentioned - cheaper, gives him other kids to play with. I am telling her well in advance - he will not start school iyh" till september, but I want to give her time to find another job. I know I am doing the right thing for my son, just feel very uncomfortable telling my bbsitter.

bubby

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 12:40 pm
Tell her you'll be very happy to ask around to see if someone wants a babysitter & you'll give her a great reference. And give her a nice ($$) gift, maybe another week's money.

HappyMommy23

Post Mon, Jun 21 2010, 12:43 pm
I completely understand you. I too find it so hard telling people things of this sort. However, I have always found them to be so understanding and not thinking too much about it. Of course it may be hard, in that she has to find another job, but if you just explain what your reasoning's are that it has nothing to do with her but because of the benefits you feel the playgroup will have. I don't think she will be at all hurt. Getting her a gift or writing her a nice note is also very thoughtful so that you know you are ending on amicable terms. If this is your oldest or even not for whatever reasons you are entitled to choose what you feel is best for your son. But my suggestion is do it sooner rather than later for your sake, as you will just keep eating yourself up over how to tell her etc.
Hatzlacha Rabba!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette