Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Anyone from Binghampton NY??

Tila

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 10:42 am
Aug 4 I will be in binghamton NY. I will be kidless and husbandless. I will need a place to stay for shabbat only. Anyone out there know of anyone in that aera?? Thanks

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 10:48 am
they have chabad.

Tila

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 11:11 am
thanks!

match

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 11:13 am
bs"d

Rabbi Aharon & Rivka Slonim.

They have one of the biggest Chabad-on-campus at University of Binghampton. Every Shabbos night they have around 200 students.
They'll have a place for you, I'm almost sure.
Phone #: 607-797-0015

BTW Rivka Slonim wrote "Total immersion".

Have a great Shabbos!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 11:23 am
The chabad is located on the college campus, which is a couple of miles from the main part of town. Chabad is not active during the summer, since they go away (I don't know exaclty when, but the college will not be in session while you are there and chabad does most of their events when the students are around). As far as the main part of town, there are a few Shomer Shabbos families. There is a hotel within walking distance of the shul. The shul is called Beth David. If you want more info about the town, I have plenty as I used to live there. However, I'd rather not reveal too much of my personal info in a public forum (thus the anonymous post!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics