Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tekoa

amother

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 10:15 pm
Does anyone here live in Tekoa or know much about the community?

Some background, DH and I are looking for a place that isnt too expensive, that has a strong dati community but doesnt have to be only dati. must have strong schools for kids and young families. Does Tekoa sound like it would fit the bill??

TIA!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 8:28 am
A friend of mine who now lives in Har Homa used to live in Tekoa. I've only visited a few times there so my observation may be limited. Having said that, I got an impression it's a nice laid-back community, where there seems to be good vibes between Datiim and chilonim. I saw all types but maybe not so many haredim. I think there's a yeshiva nearby--could be kiruv-ish, still more of an early settlement with caravans etc. I could be wrong but I thought you need to have an interview before settling/buying there. No idea about the schools.

TzipG

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 9:37 am
AFAIK the local school is open to the whole community so the school is a mix of dati/chiloni. They do teach Torah subjects but I think the parents that want a stronger school send to Efrat or elsewhere in the Gush.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions