Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Beth Chana Academy New Haven

amother

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:19 pm
anyone went there, anyone have or had daughtes in the high school?

How did you like it?

Appreciate any comment! TIA

MommyZ

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:21 pm
I went there for one year. It was very small and cliquey when I was there.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:34 pm
I have enrolled my DD for the upcoming school year, she'll be boarding. the past school year the high school was all of 11 girls, can't imagine it would be very cliquey now LOL

Other than that did u like the teachers, the hanhala. I got a great impression from visiting the school, I just wanted some opinions from ppl who've been students there or had dd's there.

Thanks for the quick response!

MommyZ

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 11:40 pm
Yes the teachers were nice and the hanhallah was nice. I just remember that I found it difficult being the new girl when all the other girls knew each other and were so close because of the small size of the school. I chose not to go back for a second year.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 11:23 pm
WOW!!! I graduated from Bais Chana more than 25 years ago.

We had the most amazing group of girls, some ardent bt's (like myself) some anti-frum, others from disfunctional or other unusual backgrounds, some just regular frum kids. Those years changed all of our lives, in profound ways.

One thing is, many of us didn't pay any tuition at all, they accepted us with open arms. Teenaged-style, I felt that I was doing them a favor, somehow, and didn't appreciate all they did for me til many years later.

I've often wondered what ever happened to Bais Chana, even if it still existed, which it obviously does.
I would LOVE to know all about it, who runs it, what it's like. Is it on the same gorgeous campus?

Hatlacha rabbah, I hope you daughter has a wonderful year!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children