Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Anyone have a rougher kitchen tile?

sugaray

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 11:30 am
we are redoing our kitchen and are thinking about using a tile that has a rough surface. the tile is usable for indoor or outdoor use according to the tile store guy. I am concerned though about what it will be like to clean it. does anyone have this in their kitchen? what is it like to mop this floor?

SingALong

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:28 pm
I have kitchen tile like that, kind of a rougher almost bumpier surface not smooth and glossy. It is actually a very practical floor to have since it always looks clean it is hard to see the dirt. But that could be cause of the coloring brown-beige earthy look. I put it in my kids bathroom also since it's actually more practical and easier to keep clean.

My cleaning lady cleAns it with a mop that has bristles so it can clean out the grooves well. Then she dries with a towel over the mop. I only need to mop twice a week.

sugaray

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 1:30 pm
hmm... a mop with bristles. that makes sense. when I showed the tile to people, they all thought it may be hard to clean without power-washing but what you are saying makes me feel better. I dont actually know anyone who has this type of tile. thanks for responding.

Kugel lover

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 3:32 pm
check if the tile is just bumpy or if it also has grooves, Because grooves are hard to get the dirt out.

mandksima

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 3:36 pm
I have an indoor/outdoor rough terra-cotta colored tile on my whole first floor as well as on my front and back patios. I adore it. It washes easily and beautifully without scrubbing and dries quickly. Since there is no shine and it is a darker color, it always looks good and clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars