Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Health makeover!
Previous  1  2  3  4

Blue jay

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 1:15 pm
Todays gourmet menu:

Breakfast: oatmeal with PB and Raisins

Snack: 4 wheat Germ PB cookies (small)

Lunch: 2 slices whole grain toast spread with anchovies and tahina, Chickpeas and sliced green pepper on the side infused with golds wasabi sauce Tongue Out

Projected dinner: some ground turkey with spinach and rice

I hula hooped and jumped roped for 15 minutes and did notice that I should lower the sugar amount in my cookies because the sugar diminishes the satiating effect of the WHeat Germ and PEanut butter.

Sneaker mom; Happy to hear your exercising what kind of exercise are you doing?

Aizer K'negdo in progress

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 3:05 pm
Hello everyone!

Sorry I did not write much I was sick and then I was busy.

So here we go.

The "food poisoning" lasted 4 days at first I think it was food poisoning then I think I caught something else!
LOVELY Smile

I am for some reason calmer B'H'
I have less of those "arg moments Mad " B'H'
I am exercising more and more and I am spending a lot more time outdoor, playing my DS B'H'

He seems to be less cranky and demanding B'H'

Food wise I did not have those urges to eat the whole bag of cookies in the past week or so.
I do eat once in a while 1 or 2 cookies but I stop there.

My clothes seems looser, it is a great feeling Smile B'H'

On top of that I was able to make a good roast beef this friday night! Yeah for me!
The taste and the texture were good Smile
I did it in the oven so it is really a miracle for me!
Even my husband was pleased.
Again : YEAH! Smile

I hope you are all doing EXTREMELY well on your heath makeover Smile

All the best

P.S. the sugar diet is really interesting and it is very easy to follow. There is no counting, just being more careful of what we eat and the Glycemic index of each food.
I started the insulin resistance diet book, interesting but I found that it is not as complete as the sugar diet .
How about your books?

Blue jay

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 10:20 pm
I read half of "naturally thin" by Bethany Frankel. The book is now in the trash ,,, why did I bother? Its like taking dieting advice from an annoying co worker who is boasting about her weightloss and thinks she is qualified to advise...

And sheesh after I read her book I had an urge to eat cookies!

Im sticking to the QueenBee Plan!

glad to see aizer that your keeping up with your health plan! Doesnlt it feel great when your clothes hacve wiggle room? Very Happy

mommalah

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 10:42 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Todays gourmet menu:

Lunch: 2 slices whole grain toast spread with anchovies and tahina, Chickpeas and sliced green pepper on the side infused with golds wasabi sauce Tongue Out

I hula hooped and jumped roped for 15 minutes and did notice that I should lower the sugar amount in my cookies because the sugar diminishes the satiating effect of the WHeat Germ and PEanut butter.

Can you post your wheat germ PB cookies, please?

Blue jay

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 8:31 am
mommalah wrote:
QueenBee3 wrote:
Todays gourmet menu:

1 cup of flour or whole wheat flour
3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs melted smart blance butter
1/2 cup lowfat chunky Peanut Butter softened in microwave
2 eggs or 1/4 cup egg substitute

Mix and bake cookies at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
(Ive been reducing the white sugar 2 tablespoons and its been pretty successful)
Enjoy!

Blue jay

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 8:31 am
mommalah wrote:
QueenBee3 wrote:
Todays gourmet menu:

1 cup of flour or whole wheat flour
3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs melted smart beat butter
1/2 cup lowfat chunky Peanut Butter softened in microwave
2 eggs or 1/4 cup egg substitute

Mix and bake cookies at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
(Ive been reducing the white sugar 2 tablespoons and its been pretty successful)
Enjoy!

Blue jay

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 8:23 pm
Well Im starting the health makeover all over again...

Since my last post I became antsy and impatient and started to "diet" I started counting points,then switching to South Beach. Oh what a mess now Im 5 pounds heavier.

Looking back on my past posts I realized that the Health makeover was the best approach I ever had towards achieving weightloss and a positive body image. I actually was starting to lose weight without trying. Addressing the stress and not the food really worked for me.

Anyway, to put a smile on my face and see that I dont have to wear a potato sack Im now going to go on the Lane Bryant web site and see how good size 14 can really look if I try hard enough!

If anyone is interested in joining in, all aboard!

Sneakermom and Aizer in Progress I hope all is well and would love to hear from you again!

Blue jay

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 7:51 am
Todays a new a happier day!

Checked out various websites and found beautiful size large petite tops that would look good on me! There is enormous fashion potential out there!

Had french toast and a pear for breakfast. And today im not wearing my "sack of potatoe clothes". Im wearing the good stuff.

I feel so much better, and no desire to eat and eat...

Off to the park...

Blue jay

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 6:36 pm
Quote from "Simple Abundance" By Sarah Ban Breathnach

"...compulsive overeating, which is the addiction of choice for many women. We have such a passionate appetite for life, we just dont know what we truly need to satisfy our insatiable cravings for wholeness."

Today is day 2 of my "health makeover" and I feel 10 punds thinner. I took care of myself and bought some flattering clothes and took a meditative walk around the neighborhood. I did not count calories .I simply asked myself when the desire for cookies popped into my head "What do you really want right now? Is it the cookies or as The author Sarah Ban Breathnach asks herself 'How can I take care of you (your neshama) right now? Do you need quiet rest and prayer to make you feel whole and connected?

I totally had no desire to binge today!

P.S I hope some of these quotes might inspire some of you ladies to join in the health makeover! Smile

Blue jay

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 7:48 am
Day 3 of the Health makeover:

Definately feel less bloated. Checked scale and Im 1-2 pounds thinner. Yesterday I had 2 chocalate short bread cookies and reduced fat icecream as a treat. Suddenly I was reaching for the 3rd cookie and I stopped and put myself in check "QueenBee, is there something you need right now or are you truly hungering for that cookie?" Then my inner voice answered back "No... not really but I would really feel so much better if the dishes were done and the laundry were put away... Im only reaching for that 3rd cookie because Im trying to avoid doing those chores! But think how relieved I will be once they are done!"

For dinner I also pan seared some yellow squash with onions. After exercising your body definatley craves good foods instead of chips!

Some of yesterdays eats:
A couple of small pieces of steak
Rice
Grapes
Oatmeal with peanut butter
Orange Juice
A big yellow squash and
pickled veggies

Blue jay

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 7:51 am
Oh and I forgot eggs and nacho chips!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise