Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Girlie Toilet Training Help - ASAP!!!

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 1:28 pm
I started training my 2 1/2 yr old daughter today, and so far so good. She 'chapped' what she's supposed to do, hasnt done it in the toilet yet, but freaked out when she had an accident. At nap time she refused to put on a diaper, so I let her sleep in panties. Well, she just woke up dry after 2 hours. What am I supposed to do for the night?? I can take her to the bathroom before I go to sleep, but I really cant wake up in middle of the night to take her. I'm a wreck without getting enough sleep. Any tips?

ganizzy

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 1:50 pm
does she take bottles?
if yes then she needs a diaper till no liquids at night.

if no bottle, how has her diapers been in the morning the past few days?

some kids when theyre ready to be trained just go through the night dry, others need to be taken to the bathroom (right before u go to sleep is fine), and others take a year before they are ready for diaperless nights.

maybe u can put her on pull ups which is the compromise between diapers and underwear and see how dry she wakes up.
2 of my kids were dry at night as soon as they decided no diapers at night

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 2:09 pm
No bottles, so that is not an issue, but she always did wake up with a wet diaper. Not soaked, just wet. I absolutely hate pull up, IMHO, they are just glorified diapers at a glorified price. Guess I'll have to try it, see how it goes. She has yet to pee in the toilet...

zigi

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 2:11 pm
like gan izzy said. if she still has a bottle you can wait for night training. or you could still put her in a pullup and see wether its wet or not and then decide from ther

zigi

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 2:15 pm
then you can call it a night diaper, and tell her during the day she wears underwear. I had kids that didn't mind a diaper at night,

MamaBird

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 2:33 pm
I also just started training my 2 1/2 year old. she did both 1 and 2 in the potty, and has no problem going, but also has no issue of using her diaper. she won't sit down with a dirty diaper and asks to be changed, but not all the time. wet diapers don't seem to bother her. she also didn't seem too excited about using the potty-- just told me that now she could have her ice cream that we promised her. Smile I think she's getting more into it, but not sure how to move things along...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training