Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help plan visit to Monsey and Baltimore

amother

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 11:32 pm
I need to plan a trip to Monsey and Baltimore, separately, to see where's the best place for my family to move. Anybody have suggestions about how to do it. Ie. where can I get maps of the frum areas with schools, shuls (yeshivash), main shopping, frum neighborhoods/ areas highlighted. Or can anyone provide me with some advice as to how to map out a trip myself and maximize what I see/ get a feel for the area. This is very important info. for me ASAP. Is there anything online, or any directory that maybe I could get a hold of that has this type of info. in it?

Thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 12:02 am
funny we jsut did that and went to monsey. are you affiliated with any sect? becasue that will make a big difference.
and I used google maps alot.

prettyone

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:06 am
you can pm me about baltimore

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 7:44 pm
We are litvish yeshivash.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 8:55 pm
The Baltimore directory (I think the Eruv book) as a great map.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 10:31 pm
Don't know how/where to get a copy of it, if I don't live in Baltimore. Or where can I pick one up when I get there?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 10:33 pm
Also, what about Monsey? Anything besides Community Connections?

Something that has maps, addresses of schools, shuls, phone numbers of rabbanim, Gemach listings?

Any help with Baltimore AND Monsey would be appreciated?

If you give me a phone number of where to pick up such a directory so
I can make sure they have one and are opened when I get there that would help too?

mosma

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 11:39 pm
as someone who's lived in monsey all my life I'd love to help you out. what kind of neighborhood are you looking for? (hashkafa, etc)

amother

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 11:50 pm
Try these sites for some Baltimore info: www.jewishlifebaltimore.com and www.wherewhatwhen.com (this is the local, Orthodox magazine)

Good luck.

immaville

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 12:06 am
For monsey, try calling echo (on rte. 59 in monsey) ask them to send you the echo directory. it is like a frum phonebook with lots of listings and ads that should be helpful to you. If you want names of schools to check out, feel free to ask, or PM me if you want to keep it private. B'hatzlacha!

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 10:00 am
I live in Monsey, but am really not sure what you want to know. Ask away, or PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating